Wood Coating Market: Summary
The Global Wood Coating Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 14.2 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.4%.
Wood Coating is generally used for the protection and refinement of wood and wood made structures. It helps to increase the shelf life of the wood products, visual cues of a wooden object. The coating produces hard surface topcoat is considered to gloss retention, that offers high performance and resistance from chemicals and good colour as well. It not only gives an aesthetic look but also protects the wood object from environmental damage and chemical attacks. Various types of technology are used for coating the wood namely, solvent-based, water-based, high solids, and UV curing.
Wood Coating Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Construction and Renovation Industry
The world is changing faster than ever before. The continuously growing population and all of them need affordable housing as well as social, transportation and utility infrastructure, that boost the construction industry all over the globe. This, in turn, is expected to drive the wood coating market. Moreover, increasing disposal income among the people has boosted the demand for furniture. Furthermore, increase the trend towards the smart home has increased the trend of furniture manufacturing which is likely to boost the global wood coating market during the forecast period.
- Potential Opportunities in Emerging Economies
The construction industry in emerging economies has a huge potential to grow in future. Thanks for, digitalization, innovation in technologies and new construction techniques. Consider the rapid emergence of augmented reality, drones, 3D scanning and printing, Building Information Modelling (BIM), autonomous equipment and advanced building materials all of them expected to boost the construction industry construction market during the forecasted period. The increasing construction in emerging countries has projected to drive the wood furniture demand, which is likely to boost the wood coating market in the near future. For instance, in China, the National Development and Reform Commission (NRDC) approved 189 fixed-asset investment projects. A rise in consumers demands wooden flooring and joinery that includes cabinets and siding has the lead increase in the use of the wood coatings market in the construction industry. Thus, the investment in the construction industry has expected to create a new market opportunity for wood coating market in the near future.
Wood Coating Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on coating type: Stains & Varnishes, Shellac, Wood Preservatives, Water Repellents and Others
- Segmentation based on material: Polyurethane, Nitrocellulose, Acrylic, Polyester, and Others
- Segmentation based on technology: Solvent Based, Water Based, High Solid, and UV Curing
- Segmentation based on end use: Furniture, Cabinets, Siding, Flooring & Decking, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Wood Coating Market: Report Scope
The report on the Wood Coating market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Coating Type, Resin Type, Technology, End Use, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Akzo Nobel N.V. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Kansai Paint Co.,Ltd.
- Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
- Hempel A/S
- RPM International Inc.
- Arkema S.A.
- NIPSEA GROUP
- Other Key Companies
Wood Coating Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Wood Coating Market, by Coating Type
- Stains & Varnishes
- Wood Preservatives
- Water Repellents
Wood Coating Market, by Resin Type
Wood Coating Market, by Technology
- Solvent Based
- Water Based
- High Solid
- UV Curing
Wood Coating Market, by End Use
- Flooring & Decking
Wood Coating Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Wood Coating Market Providers
- Wood Coating Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Wood Coating Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WOOD COATING MARKET STUDY