Wearable Sensor Market: Summary
The Global Wearable Sensor Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 30.05 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 50.4%.
With the growing expectation of being connected anywhere and anytime, wearable technology has evolved to be one of the largest growing industries. New opportunities such as Internet of Things (IoT) and smart mobile devices have accelerated the development of the wearables market. The growth of the mobile networks enabled the development of wearable technology. Moreover, fitness activity trackers created a major profitable impact on wearable technology. Hence the market of wearable sensors is started rising and major players are invested in R&D of wearable sensors. In today’s world, these sensors are growing at faster rate due to its wide range of applications. The major players in the wearable sensor market are TE Connectivity, Texas Instruments Incorporated, NXP Semiconductors, and STMicroelectronics among others.
Wearable Sensor Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Rising Need for Athlete Performance Monitoring
In past ten years, sports industry has grown very fast. Football, Baseball, Cricket, and Basketball changes the sports industry and increases the level of competition in the market. Hence to sustain in the industry athlete and coaches are increasingly use smart wearables to track athlete performance both during athlete selection and training. This will help coaches and selectors to reduce guess work and support their decision making using real data. This will help to any team to predict the outcomes and minimizes the risk. Zephyr launched wearable platform which consists of a compression shirt that can hoist a GPS and a bio-module. This bio-module directly measures heart rate, breathing rate, heart rate variability, posture and impact. Hence, athlete performance monitoring increases the demand of wearable devices with directly increases the demand of wearable sensor market during forecast period.
- Technical Difficulties and Device
Wearable tech is a relative newcomer to the technology landscape. The popular wearable devices such as smart glass and smart watches. Most personal wearables are working on fitness or health, and often have connectivity with a mobile application. But new gadgets and categories are emerging, and there is no set definition for wearable technology. In some cases, this can be problematic for CIOs and IT departments, especially when it comes to defining workplace policies for wearables devices and technologies. Wearable devices are subpart of smart gadgets which faces some development challenges such as energy inefficiency in color display, poor Internet connectivity, low battery life, lack of waterproofing standards, and security concerns will have expected to become a challenge for wearable sensors market during projected years.
Wearable Sensor Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Position Sensor, Pedometer, Humidity Sensor, Piezo Film Sensor, Force Sensor, Pressure Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Motion Sensor, mmWave Sensor, Inertial Sensors, and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Smartwatches, Smart Jewellery, Smart Glass, Fitness Trackers, Smart Clothing, Smart Footwear, Head-Mounted Display (HMD), Body Wear, Ankle Bands, Chest Clips, and Others
- Segmentation based on end use industry: Healthcare, Consumer, Industrial, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Wearable Sensor Market: Report Scope
The report on the wearable sensor market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Application, End Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- TE Connectivity (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- NXP Semiconductors
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation
- ams AG
- Sensirion AG
- TDK Corporation
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- ROHM CO., LTD.
- Other Key Companies
Wearable Sensor Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Wearable Sensor Market, by Type
- Position Sensor
- Humidity Sensor
- Piezo Film Sensor
- Force Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
- Motion Sensor
- mmWave Sensor
- Inertial Sensors
Wearable Sensor Market, by Application
- Smart Jewellery
- Smart Glass
- Fitness Trackers
- Smart Clothing
- Smart Footwear
- Head-Mounted Display (HMD)
- Body Wear
- Ankle Bands
- Chest Clips
Wearable Sensor Market, by End Use Industry
- Others (Transportation)
Wearable Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Wearable Sensor Market Providers
- Wearable Sensor Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Wearable Sensor Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WEARABLE SENSOR MARKET STUDY