Waterborne Coatings Market: Summary
The Global Waterborne Coatings Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 102.1billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.1%.
A waterborne coating is surface coating or finishes which uses water as a solvent to disperse the resins. These composites varyand may include 80% water with a small number of other solvents such as glycol ethers. A higher amount of water contents makes waterborne coating environmentally friendly and easy to apply. Waterborne coatings offer some of the major advantages such as good resistance to heat, provides excellent adhesion, low toxicity, and flammability, and do not require thinners, additives, and hardeners.
Waterborne Coatings Market: Drivers & Restraint
- Environmental Regulations Boosting the Demand for VOC-Free Coatings
Growing awareness regarding volatile organic compounds (VOC) and its harmful effect on both environmental and human health has surged government bodies to control its emission. Thus, governing bodies are imposing various regulations to control VOC emissions. For instance, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), regulates VOC emission through National Volatile Organic Compound Emission Standards for Consumer and Commercial Products. VOC controls for products are typically based on the application of products, such as automotive refinish coating, aerosol coating, and consumer products. The constantly evolving environmental standards are increasing demand for waterborne coating. Moreover, waterborne coatings are identical to the solvent-based coating in terms of pigments and binders, they differ in carrying agent. Additionally, comprising of low-VOC and HAP content, waterborne paint and coating products help to cut down on harmful emissions, enhance weather resistance as compared to high-VOC latex paints. Thus, growing environmental regulations to reduce harmful VOC emission has increased demand for VOC-free coatings which has further expected to drive the market growth.
- Availability of Substitutes
The availability of substitutes in the market such as solvent-based coatings has anticipated hindering the growth of the waterborne coating market during the forecasted period. For instance, solvent-based coating, high-solids coatings, powder coatings, and radiation-cured coatings are some of the coating types available in the market with benefits such as no VOC emission, good transfer efficiency, and others. Some benefits of solvent-based coatings such as help to speed up the reaction reducing dying time, less susceptible to environmental conditions such as humidity and temperature owing to which some manufacturers have been adopting these coatings. Thus, the availability of substitutes in the market has expected to hamper the market growth.
Waterborne Coatings Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Acrylic, Polyester, Alkyd, Epoxy, Polyurethane, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF), Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC), and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-use: Architectural, General Industrial, Automotive,Metal Packaging, Protective Coating, Industrial Wood, Automotive Refinish, Marine, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Waterborne Coatings Market: Report Scope
The report on the waterborne coatings market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Jotun (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- TIKKURILA OYJ
- BASF SE
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- RPM INTERNATIONAL INC.
- Asian Paints
- Axalta Coating Systems, LLC
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Teknos Group
- Berger Paints India Limited
- Hempel A/S
- DuluxGroup Ltd.
- Brillux GmbH & Co. KG
- Masco Corporation
- Carpoly Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Lanco Paints
- Other Key Companies
Waterborne Coatings Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Waterborne Coatings Market, by Type
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC)
Waterborne Coatings Market, by Application
- General Industrial
- Metal Packaging
- Protective Coating
- Industrial Wood
- Automotive Refinish
Waterborne Coatings Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Waterborne Coatings Market Providers
- Waterborne Coatings Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Waterborne Coatings Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WATERBORNE COATINGS MARKET STUDY