Wastewater Treatment Service Market: Summary
The Global Wastewater Treatment Service Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 67.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.8%.
Wastewater treatment is a process of treating wastewater to improve the quality of water making it more acceptable for end users. Wastewater management and poor sanitation in developing countries has leads to the contamination of freshwater sources. This is one of the major cause of diseases and deaths, also it affects the health of eco-systems. According to United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), 80% to 90% of all wastewater generated in developing countries are discharged directly into surface water bodies without any treatment, resulting into contamination of water. Thus, wastewater treatment service helps in purification of wastewater making it useful for end-users.
Wastewater Treatment Service Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Government Regulations for Release of Contaminated Water
Water pollution and scarcity of water has increased the need for treating wastewater. According to UN Water, over two billion people in various countries across the globe are facing high water stress. Thus, absence or availability of water resources has resulted to reuse of water. However, government is taking initiatives to restrict the release of contaminated water into fresh water sources. The government regulations are more stringent in North America and Europe. For instance, in 2018 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), evaluated changes to its national pollutant discharge elimination system (NPDES) regulations to establish a transparent and lasting framework to permitting peak flow management options.
- Initiatives towards use of Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD)
Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) is a process designed for treating liquid waste from the system. It focuses to reduce wastewater economically and produce clean water suitable for reuse thereby saving money and being beneficial to the environment. ZLD process is carried out without leaving zero liquid discharge at the end of the treatment cycle. Reduced cost, optimized industrial water cycles, consistent water supply & quality, reduced dependence and use of municipal water sources, and sustainability are benefits offered by the ZLD wastewater treatment. Thus, owing to the benefits offered by the technique initiatives are been made to use Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) in organization which is expected to drive the market growth.
- High Cost Incurred in Wastewater Treatment Technologies
Wastewater treatment technologies are highly complex, custom solution, and several other factors Equipment used for setting up wastewater treatment system such as ultrafiltration systems, reverse osmosis systems, Paper bed filters, vacuum filter, and others are complex in installing and cost associated with them are high. These systems are used in various industries such as chemical, food & beverage, and others for purification of waste water from various different process which involves critical wastewater treatment rising the cost of treatment. Thus, higher cost incurred in wastewater treatment technology may hinder the growth of market.
Wastewater Treatment Service Market: Key Segments
- On basis of service type: Building & Installation Service, Operation & Process Control, Maintenance & Repair, Design & Engineering Consulting, and Additive Welding
- Based on end-users: Municipalities, and Industrial.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Wastewater Treatment Service Market: Report Scope
The report on the wastewater treatment service market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Service Type, End-users, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Veolia (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Thermax Global
- WOG Group
- Golder Associates
- SWA Water Holdings Pty. Ltd
- Hyflux Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
Wastewater Treatment Service Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Wastewater Treatment Service Market, by Service Type
- Building & Installation Service
- Operation & Process Control
- Maintenance & Repair
- Design & Engineering Consulting
Wastewater Treatment Service Market, by End-User
Wastewater Treatment Service Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Wastewater Treatment Service Market Providers
- Wastewater Treatment Service Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Wastewater Treatment Service Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT SERVICE MARKET STUDY