Vitamin D Market: Summary
The Global Vitamin D Market is projected to reach a value of USD 1.8 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 7.2%.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps the body absorb and retain phosphorus and calcium. It is naturally present in a few foods, added to others, and available as dietary supplements and is also produced endogenously when ultraviolet (UV) rays from sunlight strike the skin and trigger vitamin D synthesis. The global vitamin D market is growing at a rapid pace owing to the increasing occurrence of diseases caused by vitamin D deficiency, rising preference for fortified food among consumers, and increasing awareness regarding both & joint health. However, regulatory standards practiced for preventing undesirable vitamin D toxicity is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
Vitamin D Market: Market Dynamics
- Increasing Occurrence of Disease Caused by Vitamin D Deficiencies
- Deficiency of vitamin D results in diabetes, obesity, chronic fatigue syndrome, hypertension, osteoporosis, and neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s disease.
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the prevalence of obesity was 18.5% and affected by about 13.7 million children and adolescents in 2019.
- Moreover, vitamin D deficiency may even lead to the development of cancer, particularly prostate, breast, and colon cancers
- According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, as of 2018, there were 18 million cancer cases across the globe of which 9.5 million were in men and 8.5 million in women
- Increasing occurrence of these diseases caused by vitamin D deficiency has resulted in increasing demand for vitamin D to overcome its deficiency
- Rise in Preference of Fortified Food Among Consumer
- Increased consumers preference for customized food & beverages products, and dietary solutions which are a good source of nutritionally rich food has resulted in demand for fortified foods
- Fortified foods are foods with add nutritional value to food such as vitamins, fiber, minerals, calcium, proteins, and other healthy ingredients
- According to the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), global sales of fortified food around USD 267 billion in February 2020
- Thus, the rising preference for fortified food among consumers is expected to influence the growth of the market
- Increase in Awareness Regarding Bone & Joint Health
- Regulatory Standard for Preventing Undesirable Vitamin D Toxicity
Vitamin D Market: Key Segments
The Vitamin D market is majorly segmented into type, application, and End-user.
- On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into hard vitamin D2 and vitamin D3.
- On the basis of age, the market is sub-segmented into pharmaceuticals, functional food & beverages, personal care, feed & pet food, and others. Pharmaceuticals segments accounted for the major market share and also expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. The segment is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate owing to the increasing use of vitamin D in health supplements, capsules, and injections
- On the basis of end-user, the market has been segmented into adults, children, and pregnant women.
Vitamin D Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the major market share owing to the increasing presence of diseases, the rise in health-conscious population in the region, and among others. However, Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate aimed at increasing investment in research & development activities, a significant increase in food & beverage manufacturing, and growing investment by pharma and animal feed manufacturers in emerging economies, and others.
Vitamin D Market: Report Scope
The report on the vitamin D market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Application, and End-use
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- ADM (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- BASF SE
- Bio-Tech Pharmacal
- Dishman Group
- Divi's Nutraceuticals
- Fermenta Biotech Ltd
- Glanbia plc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Synthesia, a.s.
- Zhejiang Garden Biochemical High-Tech Co.,Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Vitamin D Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Vitamin D Market, by Type
Vitamin D Market, by Application
- Functional Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
- Feed & Pet Food
Vitamin D Market, by End-user
- Pregnant Womens
Vitamin D Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Vitamin D Market Providers
- Vitamin D Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Vitamin D Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE VITAMIN D MARKET STUDY