UV LED Market: Summary
The Global UV LED Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 2.1 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 20.7%.
UV Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) refers to a solid state devices, which helps to produce light when the electrical current permits to flow from the positive node to the negative node. Whereas, it can convert electrical energy into an ultraviolet light. However, operating temperature of these light is below 100 degrees. It used in the electronic devices for the purpose of exposing PCB to air. As well as these are extensive used for the purification, indoor gardening, sterilization, and medical phototherapy.
Hence, in ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the UV LED is witness to play a significant in demand to disinfect the surface of hospital area mostly the place where patients are being admitted. These may lead to increase the market growth in the forecast period.
UV LED Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Increasing Adoption of LED products
With the increasing adoption of LED products is witness to boost the growth of the market in the projected period. Whereas, the Minamata Convention on Mercury is an international treaty which is designed for the protection of human health as well as surrounding form the anthropogenic emission and releases mercury compounds. However, the UV LED is a semiconductor device which also limits the use of mercury as well as the energy efficient. One of the initiatives has been taken by the Osram (Opto Semiconductors) of UNIQUE project for the growth of UV LEDs for disinfection and also for the ecofriendly purification of water using LED based UVC.
Hence, the industries and the government are also supporting the growth for adoption of the market across various sectors. These will lead the growth of UV LED market in the forecast period.
One of the major key concern of the UV LED market is the heavy installation cost which may hinder the growth of the market. Whereas, the UV LED technology limit for providing the desirable results as well as must expensive than other products may create a negative impact for the growth of the market. Also, the factors such as high cost of installation and the investment needs for the production is expected to hamper the growth of UV LED market in the forecast period.
Hence, it is projected with the ongoing research and development may lead to boost the market performance to enhance the desirable outputs.
UV LED Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Technology: UV-A, UV-B and UV-C.
- Segmentation based on Application: Medical, Lithography, Electronic Device, Water Treatment, Equipment Sterilization, Security and Others.
- Segmentation based on End-User: Healthcare, Residential, Agriculture and Commercial.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
UV LED Market: Report Scope
The report on the UV LED market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Application, End-User and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- LG Electronics (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- NICHIA CORPORATION
- Crystal IS
- Phoseon Technology
- SemiLEDs Corporation
- Seoul Viosys Co Ltd.
- Sensor Electronic Technology, Inc.
- Halma plc
- Heraeus Holding
- Other Key Companies
- Nordson Corporation
- Lumileds Holding B.V.
UV LED Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
UV LED Market, by Technology
UV LED Market, by Application
- Electronic Device
- Water Treatment
- Equipment Sterilization
UV LED Market, by End-User
UV LED Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- UV LED Market Providers
- UV LED Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of UV LED Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE UV LED MARKET STUDY