UV Disinfection Equipment Market: Summary
The Global UV Disinfection Equipment Market is projected to reach a value of USD 6,210.21 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 12.3%.
Ultraviolet disinfection uses short-wavelength ultraviolet light to disinfect water by killing bacteria through the destruction of nucleic acids and DNA disruption. It also uses LEDs, lamps, or bulbs in close contact with water to disinfect it. THE global UV disinfection equipment market is growing at a rapid pace owing to the growing usage of reclaimed water in landscape irrigation, and increasing demand in the healthcare industry. However, the cost of conventional disinfectants is less compared to UV lights are expected to hinder the growth of the market in the forecast period.
UV Disinfection Equipment Market: Market Dynamics
- Increasing Demand in the Healthcare Industry
- There has been increasing demand in the healthcare industry for the development of UV disinfection equipment. This results to reduce the transmission of coronavirus by avoiding manual cleaning practices.
- The increasing traction for the proper disinfectant technologies as well as the rising concern for the safety cleanliness majorly in healthcare creates a major factor for the market growth.
- The rising growth for the UV-C led lamps for air treatment as well as surface disinfection in the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, will also boost the growth of the market.
- On 2020, the American Ultraviolet has expanded its innovative UVC product solutions portfolio during the pandemic for disinfection.
- On 2020, the Voltas has launched products to disinfect the Covid-19 virus with the help of Ultraviolet Light (UVC).
- Increasing demand from the healthcare sector for UV disinfection equipment is expected to boost the growth of the market globally.
- Rising Advancement in Technology
- The rising advancement in technology is also lead to enhance UV disinfection equipment market growth. The various manufacturers are focusing on the advancement in the technological as well as the product innovations for the growing demand for UV equipment in the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The rising advancement in technology has started the adoption of UV disinfection systems in various sectors such as wastewater treatment plants, air disinfection, and surface disinfection plants.
- The Germfalcon a UVC solution provider is expanding the use of UV-C light system, which is explicitly made for the flight and helps to clean a more than 20 row of the aircraft in less than 3 minutes.
- Growing Usage of Reclaimed Water in Landscape Irrigation
- Cost of Conventional Disinfectants is Less Compared to UV Lights
UV Disinfection Equipment Market: Key Segments
The UV disinfection equipment market is majorly segmented into component, power rating, deployment mode, application, and end-user.
- Based on component, the market is bifurcated into UV lamps, ballasts/controller units, quartz sleeves, reactor chambers, and others.
- On the basis of power rating, the market is sub-segmented into low, medium, and high.
- On the basis of the deployment model, the market is sub-divided into mobile, and wall-mounted.
- On the basis of application, the market is classified into water & wastewater treatment, air treatment, surface treatment, and others. The adoption of UV disinfection equipment in the water & wastewater treatment applications is excepted to led the market.
- On the basis of end-user, the market has been segmented into healthcare, food & beverage, packaging, transportation, academic and office facility, and others. Healthcare is segmented into healthcare facilities, laboratories, pharmaceuticals, and others. Food and beverage are categorized into retail outlet, food processing facilities, and equipment.
UV Disinfection Equipment Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the major market share owing to enhance purchasing power, as well as the continuous growing investments in automation. However, Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate with the growing investment in infrastructure. Whereas, the growing initiative by the government in the region to create smart cities is also playing as a key factor for the adoption of the market in the region.
UV Disinfection Equipment Market: Report Scope
The report on the UV disinfection equipment market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Power Rating, Deployment Mode, Application, and End-User
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- American Ultraviolet (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation
- ATLANTIUM TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Halma plc
- Kuraray Co Ltd
- LIT Company
- Trojan Technologies
- Other Key Companies
UV Disinfection Equipment Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
UV Disinfection Equipment Market, by Component
- UV Lamps
- Ballasts/Controller Units
- Quartz Sleeves
- Reactor Chambers
UV Disinfection Equipment Market, by Power Rating
UV Disinfection Equipment Market, by Deployment Mode
- Wall Mounted
UV Disinfection Equipment Market, by Application
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Air Treatment
- Surface Treatment
UV Disinfection Equipment Market, by End-User
- Healthcare Facilities
- Food & Beverage
- Retail Outlet
- Food Processing Facilities
- Academic and Office Facility
UV Disinfection Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- UV Disinfection Equipment Market Providers
- UV Disinfection Equipment Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of UV Disinfection Equipment Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE UV DISINFECTION EQUIPMENT MARKET STUDY