UTILITY LOCATOR MARKET: Summary
The Global Utility Locator Market is estimated to reach USD 9.1 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 5.7%.
Utility location is a process of finding, locating, and marking various public utilities that are underground. The utilities consist of communication cables, gas pipes, electrical power cables, water, and wastewater lines, and telephone lines among others. Utility locators are mainly used for reducing utility conflicts, reduces overall project cost & time, and reduction of service drops. Many public and private companies provide equipment with different frequency ranges, software, and services to solve the public utility problems which are placed underground. 3M, Emerson Electric Co., Sensors & Software Inc., and Leica Geosystems AG are some of the major players in the utility locator market.
UTILITY LOCATOR MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Demand for Utility Locating and Marking
Utility locating and marking is a method that is used for identifying and labeling underground public utility cables and mains to protect them from damage during excavation. The increasing need for project safety to minimize the project and maintenance cost which is expected to drive the utility locator market during the forecast period. Many underground utility lines such as telephone lines and power cables with high voltage. Digging is a prime activity at any construction site, there might be the chances of presences of underground utilities, which may cause on-site injuries to the workers. To avoid such accidents utility locators are used. Thus, increasing demand for utility locator and marking which may boost the market during the forecast period.
- Detection of Poor Insulated Utilities
Poorly insulated utilities are difficult to detect due to long travels utility lines it may decrease the strength of their induced signals. This occurs when a metal surface comes into direct contact with the soil, the signal is passed through soil, not from the cable. Hence the degree of the signal is the loss which is directly proportional to the surface area of metal in contact with the soil. Hence detection of poorly insulated utilities is expected to become a challenge for the utility locator market.
UTILITY LOCATOR market: Key segments
- Based on the component: Equipment, Software, and Services
- Based on detection: Metallic and Non-Metallic
- Based on frequency range: Very Low to Low (128 Hz - 1 kHz), Medium (4 - 40 kHz), High Frequencies (40 - 300 kHz), and Very-high Frequencies (>300 kHz)
- Based on application: Communications Cable Locating, Gas Pipe Locating, Electrical Power Utility Locating, Water and Wastewater Line Locating, Telephone Line Locating, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America with individual country-level analysis.
UTILITY LOCATOR MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the utility locator market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion)
Component, Detection, Frequency Range, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South America
KEY Companies Covered
- 3M (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Sensors & Software Inc.
- Leica Geosystems AG
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Radiodetection Ltd.
- The Charles Machine Works, Inc.
- ON TARGET UTILITY SERVICES
- GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc.
- Guideline Geo.
- Other Key Companies
UTILITY LOCATOR MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
UTILITY LOCATOR Market, by Component
- Electromagnetic Utility Locator
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Utility Locator
UTILITY LOCATOR Market, by Detection
UTILITY LOCATOR Market, by Frequency Range
- Very Low to Low (128 Hz - 1 kHz)
- Medium (4 - 40 kHz)
- High Frequencies (40 - 300 kHz)
- Very-high Frequencies (>300 kHz)
UTILITY LOCATOR Market, by Application
- Communications Cable Locating
- Gas Pipe Locating
- Electrical Power Utility Locating
- Water and Wastewater Line Locating
- Telephone Line Locating
UTILITY LOCATOR Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Utility Locator Market Providers
- Utility Locator Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Utility Locator Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE UTILITY LOCATOR MARKET STUDY