Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market: Summary
The Global Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 11.07 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 16.1%.
Unmanned underwater vehicles are the underwater robots can be used for underwater survey missions such as detecting and mapping submerged wrecks, rocks, and obstructions that can be a hazard to navigation for commercial and recreational vessels. Autonomous underwater vehicles and remote operated vehicles are the two types of UUV Systems. An AUV conducts its survey mission without operator intervention. When a mission is complete, the AUV will return to a pre-programmed location where the data can be downloaded and processed. A remotely operated vehicle (ROV) is an unoccupied underwater robot that is connected to a ship by a series of cables. These cables transmit command and control signals between the operator and the ROV, allowing remote navigation of the vehicle. Key players in the UUV market are Saab AB, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, and BAE Systems among others.
UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLE Market: Drivers & restraint
- Increasing Offshore Oil & Gas Activities
According to IEA, Energy produced offshore is a major component of global oil and natural gas supply and could provide an increasingly important source of renewable electricity. More than a quarter of today’s oil and gas supply is produced offshore mostly in the Middle East, the North Sea, Brazil, the Gulf of Mexico and the Caspian Sea. Hence, to produced more renewable energy, offshore oil & gas activities are increased and it will drive the UUV market during forecast period.
- Low Defense Budget in Emerging Economies
The countries such as China, US, Russia are well developed economies and they have assign huge defense budget to research and develop new technologies to create impact in the world. However, the emerging countries such as India, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and many other countries, have very low defense budgets. Hence, some countries trust on traditional defense methodologies rather than developing new and advanced technology for military & defense sector. Hence, it will restrain the market during growth period.
UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLE Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Remote Operated Vehicles (ROV), Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), and Others (Hybrid Vehicles)
- Segmentation based on application: Defense, Commercial Exploration, Scientific Research, and Others (Search & Rescue)
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLE Market: Report Scope
The report on the unmanned underwater vehicle market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Saab AB (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- BAE Systems
- Kongsberg Maritime
- Oceaneering International, Inc.
- L3Harris OceanServer
- ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
- Boston Engineering Corporation.
- International Submarine Engineering
- ECA GROUP
- Other Key Companies
UNMANNED UNDERWATER VEHICLE Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market, by Type
- Remote Operated Vehicles
- Observation/Inspection Class (OCROV)
- Light Work Class
- Work Class (WCROV)
- Special Use Vehicles
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles
- Others (Hybrid Vehicles)
Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market, by Application
- Commercial Exploration
- Scientific Research
- Others (Search & Rescue)
Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market Providers
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Unmanned Underwater Vehicle Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Unmanned Underwater Vehicle MARKET STUDY