ULTRASOUND MARKET: Summary
The Global Ultrasound Market is projected to reach a value of USD 9173.23 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 6%.
The ultrasound refers to medical devices which are used to perform imaging test. It uses high-frequency sound waves to create a picture of organs, tissues as well as other structures inside the body. Whereas, the ultrasound is being majorly used for diagnosis, treatment, as well as for guidance during procedures such as biopsies. The global ultrasound market is rising with the growing geriatric population. However, strict regulations are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
ULTRASOUND MARKET: Market Dynamics
- Rising Incidences of Chronic Disease
- There have been rising incidences of chronic disease, which is playing a significant role in the ultrasound market. As the incidences, as well as the prevalence of chronic diseases, is being rapidly rising throughout the world
- As per the American Heart Association, by 2030, about more than 41.4% of US adults will have hypertension, which is an increase of 8.4% from 2012
- As per the World Health Organization, in 2018 the global cancer burden is being projected to have grown to 18.1 million new cases and 9.6 million deaths
- For example, the rising demand for ultrasound imaging devices is projected to grow along with the demand for the early adoption of the disease as well as reduce the cost of treating these chronic diseases
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it is projected, the cardiovascular diseases (CVD) have accounted for 9.4 million deaths globally each year. Whereas, the number is likely to grow to 23.3 million by 2030
- Furthermore, it is being mostly used in chronic diseases which include health conditions, such as heart disease, asthma, cancer, and diabetes.
- Growing Geriatric Population
- Technological Advancements In Diagnostic Ultrasound Devices
- Lack of Skilled Professional
ULTRASOUND MARKET: Key Segments
- The ultrasound market is majorly segmented into technology, type, device display, application, and end-user.
- On the basis of technology, the market is sub-segmented into 2D ultrasound imaging, 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging, Doppler imaging and high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU). The 3D and 4D ultrasound imaging is excepted to hold the largest growth rate in the forecast period. As it is majorly used for abdominal applications, including the detection of abnormal fetus development, visualization of colon and rectum, as well as breast lesions.
- On the basis of type, the market is bifurcated into stationary ultrasound and portable ultrasound.
- On the basis of the device display, the market is divided into color ultrasound and b/w ultrasound.
- On the basis of application, the market is bifurcated into musculoskeletal, radiology, critical care, anesthesiology, cardiology, gynecology, and others. Radiology is projected to account for the largest growth in the forecast period. As there has been a growing incidence of various cancers across the countries as well as growing adoption of focused ultrasound in disease therapies.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is sub-segmented into hospitals and diagnostic centers, maternity centers, research and academia, and others.
ULTRASOUND MARKET: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share with the growing technological advancements in the healthcare sector as well as the growing investments by the government. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate, with the factors such as the presence of the key player in China and Japan, technological growth as well as the rising trend of research in academic organizations in the region.
ULTRASOUND MARKET: Report Scope
The report on the ultrasound market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2018 & 2019
2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Technology, Type, Device Display, Application and End-User
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Analogic Corporation (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- ESAOTE SPA
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corp
- GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Hologic Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.,
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd
- SHIMADZU CORPORATION
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Other Key Companies
ULTRASOUND MARKET: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Ultrasound Market, by Technology
- 2D Ultrasound Imaging
- 3D and 4D Ultrasound Imaging
- Doppler Imaging
- High-intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)
Ultrasound Market, by Type
- Stationary Ultrasound
- Portable Ultrasound
Ultrasound Market, by Device Display
- Color Ultrasound
- B/W Ultrasound
Ultrasound Market, by Application
- Critical Care
Ultrasound Market, by End-User
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- Maternity Centers
- Research and Academia
Ultrasound Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Ultrasound Market Providers
- Ultrasound Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Ultrasound Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ULTRASOUND MARKET STUDY