Ultrafiltration Market: Summary
The Global Ultrafiltration Market is projected to be valued at USD 3.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of over 14.5%.
Ultrafiltration (UF) is a membrane filtration process similar to Reverse Osmosis, wherein in the ultrafiltration system hydrostatic pressure to force water through a hollow fiber membrane. It is a pressure-driven barrier to suspended solids, bacteria, viruses, endotoxins and other pathogens to produce water with very high purity and low silt density. UF is used to remove essentially all colloidal particles ranging from 0.01 to 1.0 microns from water and some of the largest dissolved contaminants.
Ultrafiltration Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Necessity for Water & Wastewater Treatment
With the rise in industrialization and urbanization, the demand for water & wastewater treatment is increasing. Growth of industries across the globe results in the discharge of large volumes of wastewater. Treatment of this effluent is important because it contains substances such as human waste, food scraps, oils, soaps, and toxic chemicals. If not properly treated, this water can have a negative impact on the environment, wildlife, as well as human life.
According to the United Nations Water, 80% of wastewater flows back into the ecosystem without being treated or reused, thereby resulting in 1.8 billion people to use it as a source of drinking water. Various government initiatives for providing suitable drinking water to the consumers such as the Clean Water Act and the European Drinking Directive promote the need for water & wastewater treatment.
Therefore, the need for water & wastewater treatment is expected to fuel the demand for ultrafiltration during the assessment period.
- Benefits Associated with Ultrafiltration
Ultrafiltration offers various advantages over other filtration methods such as process and plant compactness, simple automation, environmentally friendly, and easy and quick installation. Apart from this, the process requires no chemicals such as coagulants, flocculates, disinfectants, pH adjustment. It has a small footprint and less weight than other media filters. Furthermore, the process is cost-effective.
Thus, benefits associated with the process is one of the major key drivers for the growth of the ultrafiltration market.
- Rapid Adoption of Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) and Minimized Liquid Discharge (MLD)
Adoption of treatment solutions such as ZLD and MLD that minimize waste, recover resources, treat toxic industrial waste streams more effectively, and mitigate potential water quality impacts to receiving water is a key opportunity in this market. These processes enable recycling and reusing of treated water by closing the loop.
Use of ZLD and MLD ensure that no harmful effluent discharged back into the environment, which in turn, result in their rapid adoption.
Ultrafiltration Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on membrane type: Ceramic and Polymeric.
- Segmentation based on module: Hollow Fibre, Plate & Frame, Spiral, Tubular, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-users: Water & Wastewater, Food & Beverage, Chemical & Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Paper & Pulp, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Ultrafiltration Market: Report Scope
The report on the Ultrafiltration market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Membrane Type, Module, End-users
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Pentair plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- SD Enviro Engineers
- BWT Aktiengesellschaft
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
- Veolia Water Technologies
- Synder Filtration, Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Ultrafiltration Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Ultrafiltration Market, by Membrane Type
Ultrafiltration Market, by Module
- Hollow Fibre
- Plate & Frame
Ultrafiltration Market, by End User
- Water & Wastewater
- Food & Beverage
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Paper & Pulp
Ultrafiltration Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Ultrafiltration Market Providers
- Ultrafiltration Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Ultrafiltration Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ULTRAFILTRATION MARKET STUDY