Titanium Dioxide Market: Summary
The Global Titanium Dioxide Market (TiO2) is estimated to reach USD 22.1 Billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 6.7 %, states forencis research (FSR).
Titanium dioxide (TiO2) alternatively known titania, is the solid inorganic substance which exists in crystalline form naturally. This is white colored, odorless, non toxic substance with high opacity that possess ability to absorb ultra violet light and shows high photocatalytic activity. It is used to impart bright white color and doesnot let the color fade for a longer time period. Due to this factors, TiO2 has gained popularity as an crucial component in the catalysis, electronics, photonics, medicine, and many more application areas.
Titanium Dioxide Market : Drivers & Restraints
- Rise in Demand From Paint And Coating Industry
TiO2 is widely used in the paints and coatings for getting brightness as it scatters the light resulting into more whiteness and opacity. The demand for TiO2 is gaining momentum owing to increasing adoption from the paints and coating sector. Increasing demand for specialty paints and varnishes from the automotive sector. Higher adoption of TiO2 based paints for driverless cars to boost the visibility of the detection systems is also favoring the market growth increasing demand for automotive vehicles in the emerging regions is projected to propel the market growth higher during the forecast period.
- Increasing Construction Activities
Contruction is another sector, which drives the growth of the TiO2. TiO2 is used in the cement owing to emergence of the titanium dioxide-infused concrete and cements, globally. Greater flexural and compressive strength of TiO2 infused cement is boosting its adoption for the commercial and residential infrastructural applications. The increase in spending dedicated for new construction and refurbishment activies, is projected to augment the global market growth in the years to follow.
- Occupational Exposure Limits of TiO2
The market for TiO2 is growing at a higher momentum, however, the growth of this market is impacted owing to hazards associated with exposure of TiO2. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) proposed the exprosure limit up to 15 mg/m3 for TiO2. Increased exposure of TiO2 through inhalation, skin contact, eye contact by the workers in the manufacturing sector, which has led to number of health issues. Hence, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) proposed the exposure limits of fine titanium dioxide to be 2.4 mg/m3 and 0.3 mg/m3 for ultrafine titanium dioxide.
Titanium Dioxide Market: Key Segments
- Key Segments by Grade: Pigment-grade and Ultrafine-grade
- Key Segments by Production Technology: Sulphur Process and Chloride Process
- Key Segments by Application: Paints and Coatings, Food and Beverage, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Pulp and Paper, Plastics, Waste Water Purification, Pharmaceutical and Others
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
Titanium Dioxide Market: Report Scope
The report on the TiO2 market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2025)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Grade, Production Technology, Application and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America
Key Companies Covered
- The Chemours Company (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Tronox Holdings plc
- Lomon Billions Group Co. Ltd
- Venator Materials PLC
- Kronos Worldwide, Inc.
- Huntsman International LLC
- Evonik Industries AG
- Argex Titanium Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Titanium Dioxide Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Titanium Dioxide Market, by Grade
Titanium Dioxide Market, by Production Technology
- Sulphur Process
- Chloride Process
Titanium Dioxide Market, by Application
- Paints and Coatings
- Food and Beverage
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Pulp and Paper
- Waste Water Purification
Titanium Dioxide Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Titanium dioxide Market Providers
- Titanium dioxide Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Titanium dioxide Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE TITANIUM DIOXIDE MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Rising demand for paints and coatings
4.2.2. Increasing Construction Technology
4.3.1 Exposure Limit of TiO2
4.4.1. Advent of Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials
4.5.1 Banned Imposed On Use of Tio2 in Food Application
4.5.2 Volatile Prices of Titanium Dioxide Increasing Imports by China
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 TITANIUM DIOXIDE MARKET BY GRADE, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2018—2025)
7 TITANIUM DIOXIDE MARKET BY PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2018—2025)
7.2 Sulphur Process
7.3 Chloride Process
8 TITANIUM DIOXIDE MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2018—2025)
8.2 Paints and Coatings
8.3 Food and Beverage
8.4 Cosmetics and Personal Care
8.5 Pulp and Paper
8.7 Waste Water Purification
9 TITANIUM DIOXIDE MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Kiloton (2018—2025)
9.1 North America
8.2.6. The Netherlands
8.2.7. Rest of Europe
8.3.4. South Korea
8.3.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East & Africa
8.4.1. Saudi Arabia
8.4.3. Rest of Middle East
9.5 South America
8.5.3. Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
10.3 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1 The Chemours Company
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.2 Tronox Holdings plc
11.3 Lomon Billions Group Co., Ltd[SJ1] [AT2]
11.4 Venator Materials PLC
11.5 Kronos Worldwide, Inc.[SJ3] [AT4]
11.7 Huntsman International LLC
11.8 Evonik Industries AG
11.10 Argex Titanium Inc.
11.12 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY