TEXTILE COATING MARKET: Summary
The Global Textile Coating Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 8.09 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 3.0%.
Textile coating is the process of coating or depositing the resin over the fabric substrate for enhancing durability, retaining appearance, and aesthetic value of the textiles. Textiles are coated with precise resins for imparting excellent functional properties such as higher durability, better strength and more resistant to extreme temperature and environmental condition. These are extensively used across the construction, healthcare, clothing, transportation, and agriculture among other end-use industries.
TEXTILE COATING MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Growing Demand for Technical Textiles
Technical textiles have gained higher popularity owing to functional characteristic over the aesthetic appeal, and are extensively used in the automotive, manufacturing, agriculture, construction and other end-use industries. Owing to functional properties such as higher durability, strength, low moisture absorption, these are widely selected over the conventional textile to outperform in the application areas. With growing demand for the technical textiles, the demand for the textile coating increases to enhance the durability and performance.
- Rise in Demand Fire and Explosion Proof Clothing
Fire accident through varied forms including flying sparks, chemicals, noise, sharp edges and many more is increasing across different industries, which is driving the demand for fire proof fabric. Strict laws and standards imposed by the regulatory authorities such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration, National Fire Protection Association towards maintaining worker’s safety across the manufacturing and industrial operations plays vital role in growth of the fire resistant textile coating. Growing industrialization in the emerging economies is favoring the demand for the explosion proof clothing.
- Adverse Impact on Environmental and Human Health
Coating to the fabric material or substrate is often associated with the environmental degradation. The US Environmental Protection Agency determined that the textile coating activity is a source of Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs). In addition to this, textile coating chemicals contains compounds that are toxic and may lead to chronic medical condition when exposed. For instance, triclosan, a compound in the textile coating may result into liver and breathing disorder. Owing to this, the growth of the textile coating market is expected to hinder the market growth
Textile coating market: Key segments
- By Resin, the market is segmented into: Polyurethane, Acrylic, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC), Silicone, Rubber, Flourochloro and Others
- By Technology, the market is segmented into: Direct Coating, Transfer Coating, Spray Coating, Extrusion Coating and Foamed Coating
- By End-use Industry, the market is segmented into: Healthcare, Clothing, Transportation, Construction and Others
- By Region, the market is segmented into: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Textile coating MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the textile coating market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kiloton)
Resin, Technology and End-use Industry
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Covestro AG (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Arkema Group
- Huntsman International LLC
- Clariant AG
- Sumito Chemical Company
- Other Key Companies
Textile coating MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Textile Coating Market, by Resin
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC)
Textile Coating Market, by Technology
- Direct Coating
- Transfer Coating
- Spray Coating
- Extrusion Coating
- Foamed Coating
Textile Coating Market, by End-use industry
- Incontinence Products
- Medical Equipment
- Hygiene Products
- Leisure Clothing
- Protective Wear
- Seats Covers
Textile Coating Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Textile Coating Market Providers
- Textile Coating Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Textile Coating Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE TEXTILE COATING MARKET STUDY