Temperature Sensor Market: Summary
The Global Temperature Sensor Market is estimated to reach USD 7.8 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 5.7%, predicts forencis research (FSR).
A temperature sensor is a device that detects and measures coolness and hotness and converts them into an electrical signal. In other words, temperature sensor measures the temperature of an object by remotely detecting energy emitted from an object. Temperature sensors are divided into two types: Contact and Non-contact temperature sensors. With modern technologies and advancement in electrical engineering, the temperature sensor market is showing an exponential growth in the semiconductor and electronics market. STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, microchip technologies are some of the keyplayers in the global market.
Temperature Sensor Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Demand from Manufacturing, Automotive, and Consumer Electronics Industries
A Temperature Sensor will often play an important part in the manufacturing, automotive, and consumer electronics industries. In many industrial applications such as food and beverage processing, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical applications, temperature sensors are used for detecting, measuring, and controlling the object or machine temperatures. In consumer electronics, temperature sensors are used to enhance circuit stability and detecting high-temperature levels to avert disasters. Increasing the market of smartphones, televisions, and smart homes, the consumer electronics market is expected to grow at faster rate during the forecast period and hence the temperature sensor market will increase accordingly.
- Growing Technical Advancements in Healthcare Instruments
Life expectancy has been increasing worldwide due to significant improvements in the medicine and healthcare market as well as due to growing consciousness regarding environmental and personal hygiene. Currently, the sensors are playing a vital role in the healthcare market. In the healthcare industry, temperature sensors are mainly used for maintaining temperature and humidity of drugs, vaccines, tissues and food&beverages. Moreover, the temperature sensors are also used for environmental monitoring for blood and tissues. Hence, manufacturers are developing various high-end instruments which are expected to drive the temperature sensor market during the projected period.
- Saturation in Personal Computer (PC) Market
In a personal computer, thermal or temperature sensors detects the temperature of hardware system to protect it from overheating. Especially, Central Processing Unit (CPU) and Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) gets overheated during extended operations.If the system overheats, and temperature sensors are not present in the system, then the system is subjected to a catostrophic failure. However, in recent years, the market for smartphones and tablets is increased which directly hampers the growth of personal computers market which is expected to restrain the growth of temperature sensor market during the forecast period.
Temperature Sensor Market: Key Segments
- Based on type: Contact Sensors (Thermocouple, Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD), Thermistors, Temperature Sensor ICs, Bimetallic Sensor) Non Contact Sensors (IR Sensors, Fiber Optic Temperature Sensor)
- Based on End User Industry: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Healthcare, Aerospace & Defense, Oil & Gas, Chemicals & Materials, Energy & Power, Construction & mining, and Others
- Based on region: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis
Temperature Sensor Market: Report Scope
The report on the temperature sensor market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Units)
Type, End User Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- STMicroelectronics(Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- NXP Semiconductors
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- TE Connectivity
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Omega Engineering Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Temperature Sensor Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
TEMPERATURE SENSOR Market, by Type
- Contact Sensors
- Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
- Temperature Sensor ICs
- Bimetallic Sensor
- Non-Contact Sensors
- IR Sensors
- Fiber Optic Temperature Sensor
TEMPERATURE SENSOR Market, by End User Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Oil & Gas
- Chemicals & Materials
- Energy & Power
- Construction & mining
TEMPERATURE SENSOR Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the developments impacting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the result of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will influence the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the major global players operating in the market?
- How are the key players leveraging in the existing global market situation?
- Temperature Sensor Market Providers
- Temperature Sensor Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Temperature Sensor Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE TEMPERATURE SENSOR MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Demand from Manufacturing, Automotive, and Consumer Electronics Industries
4.2.2. Growing Technical Advancements in Healthcare Instruments
4.3.1. Saturation in Personal Computer (PC) Market
4.4.1. Rising Adoption of Portable Machines and Equipment
4.5.1. Issues Related to Thermowells
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2019—2027)
6.2 Contact Sensors
6.2.2 Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
6.2.4 Temperature Sensor ICs
6.2.5 Bimetallic Sensor
6.3 Non-Contact Sensors
6.3.1 IR Sensors
6.3.2 Fiber Optic Temperature Sensor
7 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY END USER INDUSTRY, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2019—2027)
7.2 Consumer Electronics
7.5 Aerospace & Defense
7.6 Oil & Gas
7.7 Chemicals & Materials
7.8 Energy & Power
7.9 Construction & mining
8 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
8.1 North America
8.2.6 Rest of Europe
8.3.4 South Korea
8.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 Middle East and Africa
8.4.1 Saudi Arabia
8.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
8.5 South America
8.5.3 Rest of South America
9 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Company Benchmarking
10 COMPANY PROFILES
10.1.1 Company Overview
10.1.2 Financial Overview
10.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
10.1.4 Key Developments
10.1.5 SWOT Analysis
10.2 NXP Semiconductors
10.3 Texas Instruments Incorporated
10.4 TE Connectivity
10.5 Analog Devices, Inc.
10.6 Microchip Technology Inc.
10.7 ON SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION
10.8 Robert Bosch GmbH
10.9 Omega Engineering Inc.
10.11 Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd
10.12 Other Key Companies
11.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
11.2 Primary Discussion Guide
11.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY