Talc Market: Summary
The Global Talc Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 3.8 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.0%.
Talc is a hydrated magnesium silicate and one of the softest rock in the world. It is slightly soluble in dilute mineral acids and insoluble in water. Talc is widely used chemical in the various industrial application due to resistance of heat, electricity, and acid, oil, and grease adsorption. Moreover, it is used extensively in the commercial application, due to its luster, softness, purity, fragrance retention, softness and whiteness properties.
Talc Market: Drivers & Restriants
- Increasing Demand from Paints and Coatings Industry
Talc is mainly used in industrial paints & coating, wood lacquers, printing inks, and in various other coatings. It is mainly used as an extender and effective filler in paints and helps to improve the suspension of solids in the can. It is also helping the liquid paint stick fast to wall without sagging. Talc generates the barrier effect to limit the penetration of water and corrosive agents into paints and coatings, and further helps to reduce bubble formation, corrosion, and peeling. Increasing demand for paints and coatings is mainly attributed to the continued recovery of the global economy and rapid industrialization, and depends largely on the end-user industries it serves, such as steel, automobiles, and furniture and construction industries. Thus, increasing demand for talc from paints & coating industry is expected to drive the market during the forecasted period.
- Slow Growth of the Pulp & Paper Industry Due to Digitization
The growing digitalization is key factor for slow growth of the pulp & paper industry. Talc is being replaced by biotechnological solutions in some applications which includes pitch control in the pulp & paper industry. These biotechnological solutions use enzymes or fungi for pitch control. The growth of the pulp & paper industry has been slower in the European and American countries as compared to countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Thus, the use of talc in pulp & paper industry has declined, which is likely to hamper the market growth up to a certain extent.
Talc Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on deposit type: Talc Carbonate, Talc Chlorite, and Others
- Segmentation based on end-use industry: Plastics, Pulp & Paper, Ceramics, Paints & Coatings, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Food, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Talc Market: Report Scope
The report on the talc market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Deposit Type, End-Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Imerys. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- ELEMENTIS PLC (Mondo Minerals)
- Minerals Technologies Inc.
- IMI Fabi SpA
- Golcha Group
- Nippon Talc Co.,Ltd.
- Guangxi Guilin Longsheng Huamei Talc Development CO,.Ltd.
- LAIZHOU YUDONG TALCUM POWDER CO., LTD.
- Haichen Minchem Co., Ltd.
- Superior Materials, Inc.
- Shandong Pingdu Talc Mine Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Sun Minerals
- Jai Vardhman Khaniz Pvt. Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Talc Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Talc Market, by Deposit Type
- Talc Carbonate
- Talc Chlorite
Talc Market, by End-User Industry
- Pulp & Paper
- Paints & Coatings
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Talc Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Talc Market Providers
- Talc Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Talc Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE TALC MARKET STUDY