Swine feed Market: Summary
The Global Swine Feed Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 143.7 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 3.4%.
Pig or Swine feed can be referred to as the specialized formulation designed especially for meeting the nutritional need of the piglet, sow and pig. The swine feed includes enzymes, anti-oxidants, amino-acid, vitamins, minerals and other essential elements for adequate and necessary growth of the pig across different stages of life. The nutritional need of the animal differs at different stages of life, which impacts the nutritional content and its amount in the swine feed.
Swine feed Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Demand for Meat Worldwide
Meat is considered as one of the prominent sources of nutrition for major population pool across the globe. The demand for meat is increasing creating pressure on the meat producers to cater and settle the globally rising demand. Increasing global population driving a higher need for food has resulted in the consumption of meat at a rapid pace. According to the world counts statistics, meat consumption across the globe is assumed to range between 460 million to 570 million tons by 2050, representing twice as high as than that in 2008. An upsurge in demand for overall meat, drives the demand for animal feeds for higher meat production. Hike in health-conscious population with a keen observation on the nutrition with higher demand for pork from the processed food sector further pushes the demand for swine feed. According to United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the global demand for food is expected to thrive by 60% by end of 2050 from 2010, whereas meat production projected to rise by nearly 70%. Due to rapidly demand for meat as a prime source of nutrition is driving the demand meat demand, which fuels the swine feed market.
- Fluctuating Cost of the Raw Materials
The swine feed market is expected to impact the market growth negatively owing to fluctuating prices of soybean and corn. The cost of the swine/animal feed is mainly accredited to the high cost of raw material. For instance, higher prices of raw material have led to higher prices of pig feed in 2016 when compared to 2015. In 2016, the prices increased by an average of 4 % compared to 2015, as per Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board. There was a range of feed prices across the EU countries, with a difference of £80 per ton between the highest and lowest average farm feed price in 2016.
Changes in Feed Cost
Source: Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board
Swine feed Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Nursery Feed, Finisher Feed and Breeder Feed
- Segmentation based on form: Pellets, Crumbles, Mash and Others
- Segmentation based on ingredient: Amino Acid, Enzymes, Anti-oxidant, Vitamins, Minerals, Additives, Probiotics and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Swine feed Market: Report Scope
The report on the swine feed market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Form and Ingredient
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- ADM (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Chr. Hansen Holding A/S
- Lallemand Inc.
- Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL
- Kent Nutrition Group
- NOVUS INTERNATIONAL
- Other Key Companies
Swine feed Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Swine Feed Market, by Type
- Nursery Feed
- Finisher Feed
- Breeder Feed
Swine Feed Market, by Form
Swine Feed Market, by Ingredient
- Amino Acid
Swine Feed Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Swine feed Market Providers
- Swine feed Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Swine Feed Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SWINE FEED MARKET STUDY