Surfactants Market: Summary
The Global Surfactants Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 56 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.1%.
Surfactants are chemicals compound with having both hydrophobic and hydrophilic ends, that helps to dissolve oil molecules into the water. They possess unique properties such as wettability, detergency, emulsion, dispersion stabilization, and foam/froth formation, thus they find application in several end-use industries such as petroleum, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and cosmetics. Surfactants are easily available in the market at a low price as well.
Surfactants Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Rising Demand from Various Application
The rapidly growing population has surged the utilization of detergent in a household application for cleaning. Anion type surfactant is widely used in the detergent which is likely to boost the demand for the surfactant market. Surfactants are used into various household products including dishwashing detergents, laundry detergents, laundry and dishwashing soaps, carpet cleaners, and floor cleaners, among others. The properties of surfactants such as wettability, emulsion, dispersion, and stabilization among others boost their use into many end-user industries. Government policies regarding the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, coupled with the growing demand for pharmaceutical products, are estimated to drive the growth of the surfactants market. Furthermore, increasing use of personal care products globally is also projected to drive the surfactants market, and it is expected to grow during the forecasted period.
- Growing Demand for Bio-Based Surfactants
Bio-based surfactants are surface-active substances produced either from oil and fats by producing oleochemicals or from sugar such as molasses by fermentation. These surfactants are less toxic and highly biodegradable. They enhance the emulsification of hydrocarbons and solubilize hydrocarbon contaminants. These surfactants act as emulsifiers, dispersants, degreasers, solubilizing agents, stabilizers, foaming agents, anti-microbial agents, and anti-adhesive agents. Bio-based surfactants are being used in a wide range of applications including household detergents, personal care, agricultural chemicals, oilfield chemicals, industrial and institutional cleaning, and others. Thus, increasing demand for bio-based surfactants has expected to create a new market opportunity for key market players in the surfactants market.
Surfactants Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on substrate: Synthetic Surfactants and Bio-Based Surfactants
- Segmentation based on type: Anionic Surfactants, Cationic Surfactants, Non-ionic Surfactants, Amphoteric Surfactants, and Others
- Segmentation based on Application: Home Care, Personal Care, Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Cleaning, Plastics, Textile, Agrochemicals, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Surfactants Market: Report Scope
The report on the Surfactants market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Substrate, Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Nouryon (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- Stepan Company
- Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited.
- KAO CORPORATION.
- Croda International Plc
- ADEKA CORPORATION
- Aarti Surfactants
- Alzo International Inc.
- Arkema S.A.
- Bayer AG
- Cargill, Incorporated.
- Other Key Companies
Surfactants Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Surfactants Market, by Substrate
- Synthetic Surfactants
- Bio-Based Surfactants
- Chemically Synthesized Bio-Based Surfactants
Surfactants Market, by Type
- Anionic Surfactants
- Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonate
- Alcohol Ethoxy Sulfates
- Secondary Alkane Sulfonates
- Alpha Olefin Sulfonates
- Cationic Surfactants
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Non-ionic Surfactants
- Alcohol Ethoxylates
- Ethoxylated Alkyl-phenols
- Fatty Acid Esters
- Amphoteric Surfactants
Surfactants Market, by Application
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Cleaning
Surfactants Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Surfactants Market Providers
- Surfactants Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- Application of Varied Segments of Surfactants Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SURFACTANTS MARKET STUDY