Surface Disinfectant Market: Summary
The Global Surface Disinfectant Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 1.4 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 7.3%.
Surface Disinfectant is chemical substances that are applied to objects and surfaces to sanitize and kill microbes. It is used to disinfect food preparation surfaces, such as countertops and cutting boards, owing to raw foods (meats, fish, and poultry) that contain pathogens includes E. coli, Salmonella and Listeria. Hydrogen Peroxide, Quaternary Ammonium, Hypochlorite and others are the type of surface disinfectants used to disinfect frequently touched surfaces in households, hospital-acquired infections and others to reduce the transmission of infectious illnesses, such as COVID-19, colds, flu and others.
Surface Disinfectant Market: Drivers & Challenges
- High prevalence of Hospital-acquired Infections (HAI)
Hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) are nosocomial infections that occur during a patient’s stay at hospitals and related facilities but are not observed at the time of admission. These infections include central line-associated bloodstream infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, ventilator-associated pneumonia, surgical site infections, hospital-acquired pneumonia, and Clostridium difficile infections. The incidence of HAIs is mainly dependent on the patient’s immune status, infection control practices, and the prevalence of various infectious agents around the healthcare facility. Other factors include longer hospital stays, immunosuppression, older age, and stays in intensive care units. The continued use of different types of disinfectants for hospital surface cleaning and medical devices disinfection will be a must in order to decrease the incidence rates of these diseases further. Which is further driving the global surface disinfectant market.
- Development of Alternative Technologies
The number of new technologies is developed and tested as an alternative to the current methods of surface disinfection, which are manual in nature. Cold atmospheric pressure plasma, electrolyzed water (Hypochlorous Acid), self-disinfecting, surfaces, cold air atmospheric plasma and No-touch decontamination such as aerosol, vaporized hydrogen peroxide, and pulsed xenon UV light systems are the major alternative technologies that is used instead of surface disinfectant. Each technology has its advantages over another technology which is likely to hamper the market growth up to a certain extent.
Surface Disinfectant Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on composites: Alcohols, Chlorine Compounds, Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Hydrogen Peroxide, Peracetic Acid, and Others.
- Segmentation based on type: Liquid, Wipes, and Sprays
- Segmentation based on end-use: Commercial, Residential and Industrial
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Surface Disinfectant Market: Report Scope
The report on the Surface Disinfectant market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Composites, Type, End-Use, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- 3M (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Cantel Medical
- The Clorox Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- Procter & Gamble
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- Diversey, Inc.
- Steris Corporation
- Metrex Research, LLC (Subsidiary of Danaher Corporation)
- Whiteley Corporation
- Gojo Industries, Inc.Other Key Companies
Surface Disinfectant Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Surface Disinfectant Market, by Composites
- Chlorine Compounds
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Peracetic Acid
Surface Disinfectant Market, by Type
Surface Disinfectant Market, by End-Use
Surface Disinfectant Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Surface Disinfectant Market Providers
- Surface Disinfectant Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Surface Disinfectant Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SURFACE DISINFECTANT MARKET STUDY