SULFURIC ACID MARKET: Summary
The Global Sulfuric Acid Market is expected to grow with the CAGR of 3.00% and reach up to USD 13.2 Billion by end of 2027.
Sulfuric acid (H2SO4) alternatively termed as oil of vitriol, is an oily, water soluble monoprotic mineral acid, which is corrosive in nature. It is an important commodity chemical and is prominently used in various industrial and manufacturing operations as an intermediate. Sulfuric acid is synthesized through two main processes: contact process and wet sulfuric acid. Through these processes, different grades such as industrial, analytical, and technical of H2SO4 can be obtained. The H2SO4 is the versatile reagent as it acts as a strong acid, oxidizing agent, and dehydrating agent.
SULFURIC ACID MARKET: Drivers & Restraints
- Increasing Demand for Sulfur Based Fertilizers
Sulfuric acid is a key component for the production of the superphosphates and other fertilizers. Most of the sulfuric acid produced globally is used for manufacturing of the fertilizers. Fertilizers are gaining higher importance in the chemical industry owing to its ability to increase the crop yield. The demand for the fertilizer is escalating at a robust pace owing to growing global population creating higher food demand. The ongoing urbanization and industrialization in the emerging economies along with limited availability of the arable land, is estimated to upsurge the demand for fertilizers. Aforementioned factors are expected to fuel the growth of sulfuric acid market.
- Growing demand for Battery Driven Vehicles
With growing air pollution worldwide due to vehicle emission has resulted into higher awareness regarding preventing environmental degradation. This has resulted in higher adoption of electric vehicles, which use the lead acid or lithium ion batteries. Increasing demand for electric vehicles as it is an ecofriendly alternative to conventional vehicles is a prime driver. With ongoing efforts to minimize the environmental pollution, the demand for the battery driven vehicles is projected to boost the market growth.
- Regulations Associated with the Production of Sulfuric Acid
The sulfuric acid is one of the important mineral acid used for various industrial and analytical operations. However, the toxicity of the sulfuric acid has created numerous problems when exposed through inhalation, skin and eye contact. Hence, limitations have been imposed on the exposed to the sulfuric acid to increase the employee safety. For instance, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) imposed the legal permissible exposure limit for Sulfuric acid to be 1mg per cubic meter. Such regulations due to toxicity of sulfuric acid growth is likely to hinder the market in the coming timespan.
SULFURIC ACID MARKET: Key segments
- By Process, the market is segmented into: Contact Process, Wet Sulfuric Acid Process (WSA), Lead Chamber Process and Others
- By Application, the market is segmented into: Fertilizers, Explosives, Dyes, Automotive Batteries, Water Treatment, Steel Manufacturing, Petroleum Refining and Others
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
SULFURIC ACID MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the sulfuric acid market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) Volume (Kilotons)
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America
KEY Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Groupe Chimique Tunisien Sa
- PVS Chemicals
- Lucite International
- Other Key Companies
SULFURIC ACID MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Sulfuric Acid Market, by Production Process
- Contact Process
- Wet Sulfuric Acid Process (WSA)
- Lead Chamber Process
Sulfuric Acid Market, by Application
- Automotive Batteries
- Water Treatment
- Steel Manufacturing
- Petroleum Refining
Sulfuric Acid Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Sulfuric Acid Market Providers
- Sulfuric Acid Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Sulfuric Acid Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SULFURIC ACID SYSTEM Market STUDY