STRETCHABLE ELECTRONICS MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Stretchable Electronics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 1.4 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 85.5%.
Stretchable electronics also known as elastic electronics is a developing category of electronics, based on electronic circuits or device manufactured on a stretchable substrate. The circuits are made either by imposing stretchable electronics components on a stretchable substrate or by implanting them completely in stretchable materials. At present, two major approaches are adopted for producing stretchable electronics. In first approach, the components used are rigid in nature and the substrate is made stretchable. In second approach, the rigid components are converted into stretchable material, for instance, silicon that is brittle in nature can be grown on pre-stretched surface and is then compressed, and generating buckling waves. Devices made up of stretchable electronics have immense potential applications in healthcare, energy and consumer electronics, among other industries.
STRETCHABLE ELECTRONICS MARKET: DRIVERS & CHALLENGES
- Growing Adoption of Wearable Devices
Growing adoption of wearable devices is one of the major drivers for the stretchable electronics market. Wearable devices are used in various industries as per the requirement of the end customer. In healthcare industry, the devices are used to monitor and diagnose any future illness in the individual by collecting physiological and behavioural data. In cardiology, wearable devices provide essential information such as heart rhythms, blood pressure, breathing patterns and blood glucose level among others. Moreover, in textile industry, smart clothing is gaining traction because of the stretchable electronics; researches are being conducted to integrate bendable micro sized electronic components into fabrics. A project named “Project Jacquard” was started in the collaboration of Google and Levi Strauss under which a jean was made that can be connected with a computer or tablet.
- Obstacle in Finding Suitable Material
Currently, determining suitable material is the major challenge for stretchable electronics manufacturers. Each component in the stretchable electronics must be capable of getting compressed, twisted, and adapting to uneven surface without affecting performance. The components shall have flexibility and stretch ability, as stretchable conductors are important construction unit while connecting working circuits of various devices.
STRETCHABLE ELECTRONICS MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on component: Conductors, Batteries, Sensors, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Electronic Display, Electronic Skin, Touch Panel, Health Monitoring and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-users: Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
STRETCHABLE ELECTRONICS MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the stretchable electronics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Application, End-users, and Region
North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Xerox Corporation (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Apple Inc.
- StretchSense Limited
- Royole Corporation
- PowerFilm Solar Inc.
- Ares Materials
- Other Key Companies
STRETCHABLE ELECTRONICS MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Stretchable Electronics Market, by Component
Stretchable Electronics Market, by Application
- Electronic Display
- Electronic Skin
- Touch Panel
- Health Monitoring
Stretchable Electronics Market, by End User
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
Stretchable Electronics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Stretchable Electronics Market Providers
- Stretchable Electronics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Stretchable Electronics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STRETCHABLE ELECTRONICS MARKET STUDY