STERILITY TESTING MARKET: Summary
The Global Sterility Testing Market is projected to reach a value of USD 1655.71 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 10.6%.
Sterility Testing refers to the tests performed to check and confirm the sterility of products. It is very important for medical devices, pharmaceuticals, tissue materials as well as other materials that help to claim to be sterile or free from viable microorganisms. Whereas, sterility is also an important component of good manufacturing practices (GMP) in the pharmaceutical as well as in the food and beverage industries. The global sterility testing market is rising with the growing demand for medical devices. However, the lack of skilled professionals is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
STERILITY TESTING MARKET: Market Dynamics
- Growing Demand of Drug Launches
- There has been a growing demand of drug launches is play a significant role in the sterility testing market. As there is the number of drugs launches as well as the drug evaluation is rising over the year
- In 2018, the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) had approved a wide range of drugs therapies to enhance the health of the American public
- In 2018, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) has approved around 59 novel drugs as new molecular entities (NMEs) under New Drug Applications (NDAs)
- Moreover, drugs such as Elagolix and Lanadelumab are biopharmaceutical products which lead to requiring the special sterility testing procedure, hence the launch of such products is also boost the growth of the market
- Furthermore, the sterility testing process is mandatory at every stage in the drug development and production process. Hence these will create major growth opportunities for the market growth in the coming year.
- Growing Demand For Medical Device
- Growing Technological Developments in Sterility Testing
- Stringent Regulatory Framework
STERILITY TESTING MARKET: Key Segments
- The sterility testing market is majorly segmented into product, test type, and application.
- Based on product, the market is sub-segmented into instruments, services and kits, and reagents. The kits and reagents segment is projected to hold the largest share in the market. As it attributed to the need for the repeat purchase of these products, coupled with the growing preference for kit-based testing.
- Based on the test type, the market is bifurcated into membrane filtration, direct inoculation, and product flush, and others.
- Based on application, the market is divided into pharmaceutical and biological manufacturing, hospitals & clinics, medical devices manufacturing, and others. The pharmaceutical and biological manufacturing segment is projected to hold the highest growth rate in the forecast period.
STERILITY TESTING MARKET: Key Regions
Based on the region, the market is divided into the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share with the growing technological advancements in the healthcare sector as well as the growing R&D spending. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest growth rate, with the growing expenditure on life science research as well as the rising trend of pharmaceutical outsourcing to Asian countries like India and China.
STERILITY TESTING MARKET: Report Scope
The report on the sterility testing market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent, and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered, and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2018 & 2019
2021-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Product, Test Type, and Application
Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- BIOMÉRIEUX SA
- Charles River Laboratories Intl. Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Nelson Laboratories, LLC
- Sartorius AG
- SGS SA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- WuXi AppTec
- Other Key Companies
STERILITY TESTING MARKET: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Sterility Testing Market, by Product
- Kits and Reagents
Sterility Testing Market, by Test Type
- Membrane Filtration
- Direct Inoculation
- Product Flush
Sterility Testing Market, by Application
- Pharmaceutical and Biological Manufacturing
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Medical Devices Manufacturing
Sterility Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Sterility Testing Market Providers
- Sterility Testing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Sterility Testing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STERILITY TESTING MARKET STUDY