Space Situational Awareness Market: Summary
The Global Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Market is estimated to reach approximately USD 1.6 Billion by 2027 with the CAGR of over 4.5%.
Space Situational Awareness (SSA) is a software that has the ability of tracking and detecting the natural and manmade particles present in the Earth’s proximity in accurate manner, which may act as threats to the space vehicles. SSA predicts the potential threat through assessing the risk with offering range of solutions to mitigate the risk involved. SSA also keeps track on the various space bodies which interfers with the path of particular orbit and projects their position well in advance in order to avoid collision from the satellite.
Space Situational Awareness Market: Drivers & Restraints
With launches of new satellites and in-orbit operations, the space is getting crowded. As per Institute of Defense Analyses, in past few decades approximately 8,500 objects were launched into the space for various purposes. This trend is expected to continue in the following timespan, as over 6,000 small satellites (weighing less than 500kg) are planned to be launched by 2026.O globalization of the aerospace sector along with higher interest of the countries in independent national space programs is further crowding the space sector. Thus, rise in space activities is driving the demand for space situational awareness.
- Increasing Focus Towards Enhancing National Security
Security is the prime concern for any country and thus countries are constantly depending on the space to enhance their national security. More countries are interested in developing the space based intelligence and survillience for attaining higher national security goals. For this, satellite are mostly used for communicating the data. Countries such as US, China, Japan are investing heavily in the SSA for protecting the satellite, which delivers crucial information. In 2018, Japan invested around USD 17 Million in SSA activities, whereas, developing countries such as Australia plans to invest around USD 2 Billion by 2035.
- Limitation in Detecting Minor Space Objects
The rise in the debris is the concern hampering the global space industry. The key function of the SSA is to detect and track the potential threat such as debris. However, there exist limitation for detection of small and micro-debris owing to their small size (below 1 cm). Even though these small and micro-debris are smaller in size, it pertains higher risk of collision with the space vehicles leading to higher loss. Thus, the limitation in detection of the minor-debris acts as the key challenge for the market growth.
Space Situational Awareness Market: Key Segments
- On The Basis of Offering: Software and Service
- On The Basis of Application: Space Weather Detection, Near Earth Objects Detection and Space Surveillance and Tracking
- On The Basis of End-User: Government & Defense, Regulatory Agencies, Research and Space Agencies and Commercial Space Operators
- On The Basis of Geography: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
Space Situational Awareness Market: Report Scope
The report on the space situational awareness market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Offering, Application, End-User
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America
Key Companies Covered
- Analytical Graphics, Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Gryphon Technologies, L.C
- Etamax Space GmBH
- Exoanalytic Solutions
- Kratas Defense & Security Solutions
- GlobVision Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Polaris Alpha
- Harris Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Space Situational Awareness Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Space Situational Awareness Market, by Offering
Space situational awareness Market, by Application
- Space Weather Detection
- Near Earth Objects Detection
- Space Surveillance and Tracking
Space situational awareness Market, by End-User
- Government & Defense
- Regulatory Agencies
- Research and Space Agencies
- Commercial Space Operators
Space situational awareness Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Space Situational Awareness Market Providers
- Space Situational Awareness Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Space Situational Awareness Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SPACE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS SYSTEM Market STUDY