Soluble Dietary Fibers Market: Summary
The Global Soluble Dietary Fibers Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.6 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 8.3%.
Soluble dietary fibers dissolve in water and gastrointestinal fluids when it enters into the intestine and stomach during digestion and improves digestion. It reduces the blood cholesterol and glucose level which aids in reducing the risk of diabetes. Soluble dietary fibers are present in small quantities in every commodity. Food sources in which contain soluble fibers are oats, oat bran, barley, dried beans and peas and certain vegetables and fruits, such as applesauce, strawberries, potatoes, citrus, and prunes.
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Health Consciousness
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults (18 years and older) were overweight, and of these over 650 million adults were obese. Obesity is linked to serious medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, cancer, and others. Owing to disease prevalence has resulted in growing interest amongst consumers about the nutritional and therapeutic aspects of the food they eat. As soluble fiber dissolves, it creates a gel that improves digestion. Additionally, it helps to improve blood glucose control, which aids in reducing the risk of diabetes. Thus, the awareness of the importance of healthy eating has expected to drive the growth soluble dietary fiber market during the forecasted period.
- Government Initiatives to Promote Healthy Life
In recent decades, major changes have happened in food and the eating environment. This is attributed to technological advancement, food & agriculture policies, population growth, and economic, social and lifestyle. Changing food habits has increased the risk of obesity, increase blood sugar levels, and others, leading to lack of healthy nutrients in body. The inaccessibility of healthy food in food deserts and food swamps is a key barrier to combating diseases in low-income areas. Thus, for such populations governments and rural municipalities are taking initiatives to tackle the complex factors that affect the relationship among various diseases and healthy eating. Thus, government initiatives to promote healthy life has anticipated driving the product market growth. For instance, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides critical nutrition assistance through Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) programs whcih include child nutrition programs, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and emergency food assistance among other programs.
- Lack of Awaerness for Proper Fiber Intake
Rising consumer awareness towards healthy diet this has resulted for significatnt demand for soluble dietary fibers. This has attributed by the key benefits of product to prevent and control lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and amongst others. On the other hand, proper fiber intake is necessary to avoid side effects such as bloating, gas, stomach cramps, nausea, and others. Additionally, intake of to much fiber may result into nutrient deficiencies, as it can interface with the body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients. Improper intake of fiber has attributed by lack of expert advice, irregularities in intake of fibers, lack of proper exercise, and others. Thus, lack of awareness for proper fiber intake is one of the major challenge faced by the market.
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market: Key Segments
- On basis of type: Insulin, Pectin, Polydextrose, Beta-glucan, and Others
- Based on source: Fruits & Vegetables, Nuts & Seeds, Cereals & Grains, and Others
- Based on application: Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market: Report Scope
The report on the soluble dietary fibers market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Form, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Cargill, Incorporated (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Tate & Lyle
- Roquette Frères
- HERBAFOOD INGREDIENTS GmbH
- Kerry Inc.
- Other Key Companies
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market, by Type
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market, by Source
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Nuts & Seeds
- Cereals & Grains
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
Soluble Dietary Fibers Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Soluble Dietary Fibers Market Providers
- Soluble Dietary Fibers Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Soluble Dietary Fibers Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SOLUBLE DIETARY FIBERS MARKET STUDY