SMARTPHONE MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Smartphone Market is projected to reach around USD 2590.5 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 19.8%.
A smartphone is a phone that allows customer to do more than make phone calls and send text messages. Smartphones can browse the Internet and run software programs such as computer. Smartphones can be used by individuals in both a consumer and a business context, and are now almost integral to everyday modern life. Increasing population and rising disposable incoming in developing countries are expected to drive the market during the forecast period. However, data security and data theft issues will restrain the market during growth period. Samsung Electronics Co ltd, Apple Inc. Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Xiaomi Corporation, and Vivo are the key players in the smartphone market and expected to hold the maximum market share during forecast period.
SMARTPHONE MARKET: DRIVERS & RESTRAINT
- Increasing Use of Mobile Internet
In current scenario, smartphone uses Internet for video calls, web series, chatting, online gaming, and professional purposes. New generation smartphones have all the features that laptop or desktops can have. Hence smartphone do all the work which laptop or desktop can do.
Hence, increasing demand for online gaming, social networking, and online applications which expected to increase the smartphones market during growth period.
Source: Flurry Analytics
- Data Identity and Data Security Threats
Mobile device security threats are on the rise. Data leakage, network spoofing, phishing attacks, spyware, broken cryptography, and improper session handling may cause data security threats to smartphones. According to Kaspersky, by 2017, Kaspersky’s in-lab detection technologies processing reached 360,000 malicious files per day. And 78% of those files were malware programs, meaning that over 280,000 malware files per day were detected in which many of target to mobile devices. According to Harvard Business Review (HBR), despite becoming a preferred target for hackers, mobile security is not prioritized relative to network and computer security. In next few years, cybercriminals are focusing on SMiShing, bring your own device (BYOD), and Internet of things (IoT). Hence it is expected to hamper the growth of the smartphone market during the forecast period.
SMARTPHONE MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- By Operating System: Android, iOS, Windows, and Others
- By Type: Entry-Level Smartphone, Performance Smartphone, and Media-Centric Smartphone (Gaming Smartphone, Music Smartphone, Camera Smartphone, Navigation Smartphone)
- By Input Method: Touchscreen and Keypad
- By Distribution Channel: OEM, Retailer, and E-Commerce
- By Application: Personal and Professional
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
SMARTPHONE MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the smartphone market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Operating System, Type, Input Method, Distribution Channel, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Apple Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Google LLC
- Lenovo Group Limited
- Xiaomi Corporation
- OnePlus Technology Co. Ltd.
- Nokia Corporation
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- HTC Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- LG Electronics Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
- Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd
- Other Key Companies
SMARTPHONE MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Smartphone Market, by Operating System
Smartphone Market, by Type
- Entry-Level Smartphone
- Performance Smartphone
- Media-Centric Smartphone
- Gaming Smartphone
- Music Smartphone
- Camera Smartphone
- Navigation Smartphone
Smartphone Market, by Input Method
Smartphone Market, by Distribution Channel
Smartphone Market, by Applications
Smartphone Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Smartphone Market Providers
- Smartphone Market Solution and Services Suppliers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Smartphone Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SMARTPHONE MARKET STUDY