SMART GLASS MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Smart Glass Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 13.3 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 16.6%.
Smart glass is an electronically controlled device which allow users to manage the glare, light, and heat passing through the glass automatically or manually. The technologies behind the smart glass allows to resolve complex design and operating demands for balancing the benefits of view, natural light, and open floor plans with the need of privacy and energy conservation. Smart glass is mainly used for architectural & construction applications which includes office partitions, hotels, residential, and hospitals. Saint-Gobain, Research Frontiers Inc., GENTEX CORPORATION, and Smartglass International Limited are the key players of the smart glass market.
SMART GLASS MARKET: DRIVERS & RESTRAINTS
- Growing Adoption of Smart Glass in Hospitals
Doctor offices and hospitals are the places where minimalistic design and efficiency are paramount. Smart glass creates open and connected patient environment with maintaining the privacy. Smart glass technology reduces energy cost by reducing heat transfer and increasing natural light. Curtains, and blinds can hold germs, dust, and allergenic contents. Smart glass technology products are extremely hygienic, easy to clean, and can be controlled by remote control. These electronic glasses are easily controlled by wall switches, remote control, smartphone, and various automated systems. Patients and nurse are easily adjusting their privacy and lighting conditions without have to move. Hence, huge demand from hospitals are expected to drive the smart glass market during the forecast period.
- High Cost & Limited Commercialization
The smart glass consists of various advance electronic technologies which make the product expensive. Moreover, various access to various wireless technologies and various control methods such as remote control, smartphones, and automated systems increases the cost of the product. Due to various research and development activities and more investment in smart glass technology in several developing countries, these technology is less commercialized and this is expected to hamper the growth of the market during the projected years.
SMART GLASS MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Based on mode of control: Wall Switches, Remote Control, Smartphones, Automated Systems, and Others
- Based on technology: Active Smart Glass and Passive Smart Glass
- Based on the application: Architectural & Construction, Automotive & Transportation, Power Generation, Retail, Aircraft, Marine, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
SMART GLASS MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the smart glass market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Mode of Control, Technology, Application,
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Saint-Gobain (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Research Frontiers Inc.
- GENTEX CORPORATION
- Smartglass International Limited
- Kinestral Technologies, Inc.
- AGC Inc.
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Merck KGaA
- View, Inc.
- Glass Apps
- Other Key Companies
- INNOVATIVE GLASS CORPORATION
- Polytronix, Inc.
- Carl Zeiss AG
SMART GLASS MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Smart Glass Market, by Mode of Control
- Wall Switches
- Remote Control
- Automated Systems
Smart Glass Market, by Technology
- Active Smart Glass
- Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystals (PDLC)
- Suspended Particle Device (SPD)
- Electrochromic (EC)
- Passive Smart Glass
Smart Glass Market, by Application
- Architectural & Construction
- Office Partitions
- Automotive & Transportation
- Power Generation
Smart Glass Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Smart Glass Market Providers
- Smart Glass Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Smart Glass Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SMART GLASS MARKET STUDY