Small Satellite Services Market by Component (Payload, Antennas Others), by Product Type (PocketQube, Nanosatellite, Microsatellite Others), by End User (Civil, Non-profit, Military), by Region (Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South America, North America) – Global Forecast 2017 to 2024
Small Satellite Services Market: Summary
The Global Small Satellite Services Market is estimated to reach USD 58.2 Billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 27.5%.
Satellite can be defined as a planet or a machine revolving around a planet or a star. Man-made satellites are launched in the space to revolve around the Earth or other planets for various operations. Space sector is experiencing significant change because of rapid technology advancement. Small satellite is a rising type of spacecraft which is made by advanced hardware and software resulting in high performance in small package. Small satellites based on mass can be defined as satellite with mass of less than 500 kg. In comparison with conventional satellites, small satellites have short product development cycle resulting in low cost.
Small Satellite Services Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Trend of Satellite Miniaturization
Minimizing the size of satellites reduces the overall time and cost required for production of satellites. Also small size satellites are helpful for the operation which conventional satellites cannot perform due to their size. These factors are expected to contribute in the growth of small satellite service market during forecast period.
- Supportive Government Policies
Small satellite is a rising technology in the space industry which is efficient in operation and low in cost. Government policies supports the manufacturing and launch of these satellites as they help in various industries and also at academic level. Supportive policies by regulating authorities impel industry people to tap into this market. Thus, this factor will expected to support the aggressive growth of the market.
- Shorter Life Span
Small satellites have shorter life span compared to conventional satellites. As these satellites are usually in lower orbit, they are facing atmospheric drag which results in depleting life span. Once the satellite becomes incapable of performing assigned operation new satellite will be required, this would impact overall investment. Hence, this factor may restraint the growth of the market.
Small Satellite Services Market: Key Segments
- Component segment includes: Payload, Flight Processor, Antennas, Propulsion Systems, Ground Station Equipment, Star Tracker, and Others
- Product type segment includes: PocketQube (below 1kg), Nanosatellite (1 – 10 kg), Microsatellite (10 – 100 kg), Minisatellite (100 – 500 kg)
- Application segment includes: Research and Development, Communication, Remote Sensing and
- End user segment includes: Civil, Non-profit, and Military
- Regional segmentation covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Small Satellite Services Market: Report Scope
The report on the small satellite services market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2019-2024 (2019 estimated year, forecasted up to 2024)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Product Type, Application, End User and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South Africa and North America
KEY Companies Covered
- Airbus Defense and Space, Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Boeing Co
- Antrix Corporation Limited
- Blue Canyon Technologies Inc.
- GomSpace Group AB
- Thales Group
- Spire Global, Inc.
- SpaceQuest Ltd
- Berlin Space Technologies GmbH
- Alba Orbital Limited
- Other Key Companies
Small Satellite Services Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Small Satellite Services Market, by Component
- Flight Processor
- Propulsion Systems
- Ground Station Equipment
- Star Tracker
Small Satellite Services Market, by Product Type
- PocketQube (below 1kg)
- Nanosatellite (1 – 10 kg)
- Microsatellite (10 – 100 kg)
- Minisatellite (100 – 500 kg)
Small Satellite Services Market, by Application
- Research and Development
- Remote Sensing
Small Satellite Services Market, by Application
Small Satellite Services Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Small Satellite Services Market Providers
- Small Satellite Services Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Small satellite services Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Trend of Satellite Miniaturization
4.2.2 Supportive Government Policies
4.3.1 Shorter Life Span
4.4.1. Growing Demand of Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Services
4.5.1. Space Debris
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Value Chain Analysis
5.3 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL SMALL SATELLITE SERVICES MARKET BY COMPONENT, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
6.3 Flight Processor
6.5 Propulsion Systems
6.6 Ground Station Equipment
6.7 Star Tracker
7 GLOBAL SMALL SATELLITE SERVICES MARKET BY PRODUCT TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
7.2 PocketQube (below 1kg)
7.3 Nano-Satellite (1 – 10 kg)
7.4 Micro-Satellite (10 – 100 kg)
7.5 Mini-Satellite (100 – 500 kg)
8 GLOBAL SMALL SATELLITE SERVICES MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
8.2 Research and Development
8.5 Remote Sensing
9 GLOBAL SMALL SATELLITE SERVICES MARKET BY END USER, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
10 GLOBAL SMALL SATELLITE SERVICES MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2017—2024)
10.1 North America
10.2.7 Rest of Europe
10.3.5 South Korea
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Middle East and Africa
10.4.1 Saudi Arabia
10.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
10.5 South America
10.5.3 Rest of South
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
11.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
11.3 Company Benchmarking
12 COMPANY PROFILES
12.1 Airbus Defense and Space, Inc.
12.1.1 Company Overview
12.1.2 Financial Overview
12.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
12.1.4 Key Developments
12.1.5 SWOT Analysis
12.2 Boeing Co
12.3 Antrix Corporation Limited
12.4 Blue Canyon Technologies Inc.
12.5 GomSpace Group AB
12.6 Thales Group
12.7 Spire Global, Inc.
12.8 SpaceQuest Ltd
12.9 Berlin Space Technologies GmbH
12.10 Alba Orbital Limited
12.11 Other Key Companies
13.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
13.2 Primary Discussion Guide
13.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY
Forencis Research follows robust and deep dive research methodologies to deliver accurate – current, estimated and forecasted market data. Our extensive primary and secondary research help in deriving reliable qualitative and quantitative data to provide verified market insights. Our research team tracks historic trends, existing and recent market dynamics, growth prospects, competitor landscape, and the entire value chain dynamics to attain reliable industry facts to reach accurate market estimates. Primary research is conducted through thorough interviews and detailed surveys with the Key Industry Experts and related participants across the value chain. Secondary research entails acquiring data through paid and reliable databases such as annual reports, SEC filings, research publications, association publications, investor presentations, white papers and other sources. All the above-obtained information is further processed and collated with our existing database prior to its presentation in our publications.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of reports and white paper studies which helps companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets. Forencis Research delivers market research and consulting reports on high growth markets to help companies dominate their competition and set themselves apart by attaining increased revenue growth. To enable exclusive insights around the target market, Forencis Research employs robust research Methodology & Design which includes data acquisition, data synthesis and data correlation, through Primary and Secondary Research. Through the obtained data, Top-down and bottom-up methods are exercised to attain and verify data sanity within the entire market. This market data is yet again correlated with Forencis Research’s internal database before presenting it in any of our final publications. These methods of data correlation and amalgamation benefit us to put forward accurate market estimates enabling our clients to transform their business, markets and most importantly their “REVENUES”.
Single User PDF – $ 5,600
Multiple User PDF – $ 7,500
Key Questions Answered by the Report
- Major factors impacting the market and its growth
- Evolving Types of the various products in the Market
- Evolving Application of the various products in the Market
- Growing countries in the Global Market
- Effects of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players
- Key market developments undertaken by the leading players
Customize this Research
- Purchase sections of this report
- Purchase specific country/region analysis
- Avail Data in Preferred Format
- Customize any Type, Application, Geography or Company Profile to attain a Deeper Insight
- Request Updated Version of this Report