Silicon Photonics Market: Summary
The Global Silicon Photonics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.7 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 23.6%.
The Silicon Photonics is refers to an evolving technology in which data is being transferred among computer chips with the help of optical rays. Where the optical rays can carry large number of data in less time than an electrical circuit. Moreover, it is easy to manufacture hybrid devices with the help of silicon as a substrate material. Moreover, the silicon photonics technology has the capabilities to use the power of optical networking inside computers and to make a new generation of miniaturized and low-cost photonic components.
Hence, the silicon photonics help in reducing errors and high density of interconnect, which will lead to boost the growth of the silicon photonics market in the forecast period.
Silicon Photonics Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Growing Demand for CMOS-Integrated Silicon Photonics Technology in Data Centers
With the growing demand for CMOS-integrated silicon photonics technology in data centers is witness to boost the growth of the market in the forecast period. Whereas, the complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) integrated silicon photonics provides a compact solution for a fully functional optical engine. Moreover, the silicon photonics is also being referred as CMOS photonics, which is a new type of photonic chips has enhance developed production framework used for CMOS electronic chip. Also, this helps to provide low cost, high yield and extremely small size to unleash a range of new optical devices for various applications.
Hence, this trend will lead to fuel the growth of the silicon photonics market in the forecast period.
- High Power Consumption of Laser Device
One of the major key concern of the market is high power consumption of laser device which may hamper the market growth. Whereas, the high power consumption of laser devices, generate infrared beams and carry data through it. Also, the silicon is not very effective for lasing, due to the thermal dissipation within the material, external lasers are required in the manufacture of photonic computers using silicon chip.
Furthermore, some of the silicon photonics-based devices might have thermal effect issues which may lead to challenge the performance of the devices. As well as the high cost of integration of circuits may also create a major challenging factor for the growth of the market in the forecast period.
Silicon Photonics Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Component: Optical Waveguides, Optical Modulators, Photodetectors, Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (WDM) Filters and Laser.
- Segmentation based on Product: Transceivers, Active Optical Cables, Optical Multiplexers, Optical Attenuators and Others.
- Segmentation based on Application: Data Center, Telecommunications, Sensing, Metrology, Consumer Electronics & Display, Healthcare, High Performance Computing and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Silicon Photonics Market: Report Scope
The report on the silicon photonics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Component, Product, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Intel Corporation
- NeoPhotonics Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Inphi Corporation
- II-VI Incorporated
- Rockley Photonics Ltd.
- Other Key Companies
- Lumentum Operations LLC
- RANOVUS Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
Silicon Photonics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Silicon Photonics Market, by Component
- Optical Waveguides
- Optical Modulators
- Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (WDM) Filters
Silicon Photonics Market, by Product
- Active Optical Cables
- Optical Multiplexers
- Optical Attenuators
Silicon Photonics Market, by Application
- Data Center
- Consumer Electronics & Display
- High Performance Computing
Silicon Photonics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Silicon Photonics Market Providers
- Silicon Photonics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Silicon Photonics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Silicon Photonics Market STUDY