SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Semiconductor Memory Market is valued at USD 92.3 Billion in 2019 and expected to increase at a CAGR of around 10.3%.
Semiconductor memory is a part of semiconductor device which is used for storing the data. There are two electronic data storage mediums: Magnetic and optical. Magnetic storage has high storage capacity, don’t use laser to read & write the operation, and stores the information in magnetic form. However, optical storage has less storage capacity and hence stores the data optically with the help of lasers. With the rapid growth in the requirement for semiconductor memories there have been a number of technologies and types of memory that have emerged. Names such as ROM, RAM, EPROM, EEPROM, Flash memory, DRAM, SRAM, and SDRAM. Increasing consumer electronics market and increasing use of semiconductor memory in automotive industry is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. Moreover, increasing adoption of IoT technology is expected to become an opportunity for the market during projected years. However, High costs of semiconductor memory will hinder the growth of the semiconductor memory market during forecast period.
SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY MARKET: DRIVERS & RESTRAINTS
- Increasing Consumer Electronics Market
consumer electronics industry is growing day by day as new technologies are entering in the market. Increase in demand of smartphones, laptops, PCs, and other storage devices are directly increases the need of semiconductor memory in consumer electronics. Moreover, new launch and technological updates in artificial intelligence, IoT, image and voice recognition technologies is also boosted the consumer electronics market in past five years. Within the consumer electronics sector, companies that focus on emerging technology are driving significant growth and include manufacturers of smartwatches and smart home products among others.
- Increasing Adoption of IoT Technology
Advanced principal technologies and a proliferation of devices have helped fuel the growth of IoT technologies. In current scenario, most of the organizations are investing huge amount in development of IoT technology to collaborate and interact with the machines. In this process, volatile and non-volatile semiconductor memories play an important role by providing memory storage to the technology. In this process non-volatile memory is used for secondary or mass storage where volatile memory is used for primary storage. With the advent of new IoT applications, designers need to continue to review the available options and decide on their memory type based on the application requirement. And hence, it will create more opportunities for semiconductor memory market during the forecast period.
SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- By Type: Volatile (SRAM, DRAM) and DRAM (Fero Electric RAM (FeRAM), Mask ROM, Erasable Programmable ROM (EPROM), Electrically-Erasable Programmable ROM (EEPROM), Flash)
- By End-Use Industry: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, IT & Telecommunication, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Others
- Based on Region Covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis.
SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the semiconductor memory market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Type, End Use Industry
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Texas Instruments Incorporated (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Taiwan Semiconductors
- SK Hynix
- Micron Technology Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- ROHM CO., LTD
- TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION
- Western Digital Corporation (SanDisk)
- Integrated Silicon Solution Inc.
- Macronix International Co., Ltd.
- Everspin Technologies
- Other Key Companies
SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Semiconductor Memory Market, by Type
- Volatile Memory
- Static RAM (SRAM)
- Dynamic RAM (DRAM)
- Non-Volatile Memory
- Fero Electric RAM (FeRAM)
- Mask ROM
- Erasable Programmable ROM (EPROM)
- Electrically-Erasable Programmable ROM (EEPROM)
Semiconductor Memory Market, by End-Use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace & Defense
Semiconductor Memory Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By the Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market globally and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market worldwide?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the world?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario globally?
- Semiconductor Memory Market Providers
- Semiconductor Memory Market Solution and Services Suppliers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Semiconductor Memory Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SEMICONDUCTOR MEMORY MARKET STUDY