Semiconductor IP Market: Summary
The Global Semiconductor IP Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 7.9 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.9%.
The semiconductor intellectual property (IP) core is refers to a reusable unit of logic, cell or an integrated cell layout design which is the intellectual property of one party. Whereas, the IP core are commonly developed in order to able the license to a various vendors as building blocks for various chip designs. However, semiconductor help to enable development and growth in various different industries such as medical devices, IT solutions which permit for broadband connectivity, transportation infrastructure, IoT applications, as well as digital trade.
Hence, it is also being used to enhance the function of Internet of Things (IoT), these will lead to boost the growth of the market in forecast period.
Semiconductor IP Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Increasing Demand for Consumer Electronics
With the increasing demand for consumer electronics is witness to boost the growth of the market in the projected period. Whereas, with the growing research and development activities the consumer electronic is becoming smarter and more advance. Also, consumer electronic create a massive advance opportunities for the semiconductor companies as well for the semiconductor IP market. Moreover, the demand for the multi core processors is also increasing with the advance personal computing for consumer electronics worldwide. These will lead to create a major key factor for the semiconductor IP market in the projected period.
Hence, the consumer electronic holds a large part of share of the global semiconductor IP market. Also, the semiconductor sector is mostly being depends on the consumer electronics which includes smartphones, and tablets. These will lead to improve the market demand in the forecast period.
- Frequently Change in Technology
One of the major key concern of the semiconductor IP market is the frequently change in technology which may restraining factor for the growth of the market. Whereas, the technologies is keep on upgrading with the new features and advancements, mostly in the semiconductor sector. However, with the changes in the nodes of a semiconductor leads to increase design complexity, and IP core design platform. Also, change in the technology framework is increase the cost for the IP dealer, which is also a key concern for the market adoption in the forecast period. As well as the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic also create a challenging factor to market growth.
Semiconductor IP Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Design IP: Processor IP, Interface IP, Memory IP and Other.
- Segmentation based on IP Source: Licensing, Royalty and Servicing.
- Segmentation based on IP Core: Soft Cores and Hard Cores.
- Segmentation based on IP Application: Consumer Electronics, Telecom, Automotive, Healthcare, Agriculture, Aerospace and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Semiconductor IP Market: Report Scope
The report on the semiconductor IP market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Design IP, IP Source, IP Core, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Arm Limited (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Synopsys, Inc.
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- Lattice Semiconductor
- Rambus Inc.
- eMemory Technology Inc.
- Avery Design Systems
- CAST, Inc.
- Open-Silicon, Inc.
- Altera (Intel Corporation)
- Other Key Companies
Semiconductor IP Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Semiconductor IP Market, by Design IP
- Processor IP
- Microcontroller Unit
- Digital Signal Processor
- Microprocessor Unit
- Interface IP
- Memory IP
Semiconductor IP Market, by IP Source
Semiconductor IP Market, by IP Core
Semiconductor IP Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
Semiconductor IP Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Semiconductor IP Market Providers
- Semiconductor IP Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Semiconductor IP Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SEMICONDUCTOR IP MARKET STUDY