Self-Healing Materials Market: Summary
The Global Self-Healing Materials Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 6.3 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 26.9%.
Self-healing materials are artificial or synthetically-created materials or products that have the built-in capability to automatically and autonomously heal damage to themselves without external or human involvement. Self-healing materials are largely used in concrete and coatings applications. The self-healing process of these smart materials starts with responding to change in external stimuli such as temperature, light, and others. The most commonly used self-healing materials are elastomers and polymers, whereas it covers a wide range of materials from metals to ceramics.
Self-Healing Materials Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Application Of Self-Healing Materials In The Construction Industry
The construction industry is witnessing the growing application of self-healing concretes, composites and polymers which can repair cracks, punctures or other damages done to the surface when exposed to air, heat or water. Self-healing asphalt for the roads and highways construction are known to increase its lifespan. Also, self-healing cement and mortar for building construction is a growing market. These materials will soon replace the conventional materials that are presently being used in the industry. The heavy investments in the construction sector by government, as well as non-government bodies, will have a positive influence on the global self-healing materials market.
- High cost associated with the materials
The high cost of such innovate and advance material is anticipated to hinder the global self-healing material market over the forecast period. Besides, limited awareness of the products primarily across the less developed economies is expected to limit the market growth over the period.
Self-Healing Materials Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Form: Extrinsic and Intrinsic
- Segmentation based on Material Type: Concrete, Coatings, Polymers, Asphalt, Ceramic, and Metals
- Segmentation based on End-Use Industry: Building & Construction, Transportation, and Mobile Devices
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Self-Healing Materials Market: Report Scope
The report on the Self-Healing Materials market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Form, Material Type, End-Use Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Acciona S.A. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Applied Thin Films, Inc.
- Arkema SA
- Autonomic Materials Inc.
- Avecom N.V.
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
- Critical Materials S.A.
- Devan Chemicals
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Evonik Industries
- Sensor Coating Systems Ltd
- Slips Technologies, Inc
- Other Key Companies
Self-Healing Materials Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Self-Healing Materials Market, by Form
Self-Healing Materials Market, by Material Type
Self-Healing Materials Market, by End-Use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Mobile Devices
Self-Healing Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Self-Healing Materials Market Providers
- Self-Healing Materials Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Self-Healing Materials Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SELF-HEALING MATERIALS MARKET STUDY