Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market: Summary
The Global Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market is estimated to reach USD 2 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 22.5%.
Selective laser sintering (SLS) is a type of 3D printing technology employed in powder bed fusion process used for building three –dimensional solid model. In SLS, a high-powered laser is used to harden and bond small grains of elastomer and nylon materials into layers in a three-dimensional structure. In SLS equipment, the laser beam collects detailed coordinates of the model from a CAD drawing and as per the requirement powder bed is added. Once the layer is finished, again, the surface is powdered and this procedure is repeated until the model is completed. Major benefit of this technique is it does not need the support structure that several other printing technologies require in order to prevent the design from caving in during production. Moreover, it allows building complex interior components and parts by eradicating the risk of damage.
selective laser sintering equipment MARKET: Drivers & RESTRAINS
- Increasing Government Investments in 3D Printing
The governing authorities across the globe are taking numerous initiatives and investing immense amount to lift adoption of 3D printing. For instance, in the UK, the government issued approximately USD 5.5 million for 3D printing. In Germany, the governing authorities suggested to form new department that may work for the development of the country in the domain of emerging technologies such as 3D printing and industrial 4.0. The National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Centre in China designated USD 132 million for R&D in the field of 3D printing. Moreover, the country also have the objective to install 3D printers in elementary schools.
Thus, increasing government investments in 3D printing may contribute in the growth of the selective laser sintering equipment market, during the forecast period.
- Increasing Demand for Rapid Production
Conventionally, the manufacturing of tools such as molds, jigs, fixtures and other such tools used in mass production of heavy equipment was expensive and time consuming. This process is changed completely by the implementation of 3D printing, as the tooling can be done cost effectively on-site in lesser time. Moreover, the manufacturers can get advantage of 3D printing as it helps in rapid prototyping and enables on-demand manufacturing instead of mass production and storage in warehouse. The manufacturing can be faster and cheaper by incorporation of 3D printing in the system.
Thus, increasing demand for faster production may contribute in the growth of the selective laser sintering equipment market, during the forecast period.
In SLS, the material used to form the 3D prototype are in powdered form and are usually made by nylon material. These powdered materials after being converted into prototype get shrunk. This issue of shrinkage is compelled by various factors such as type of powder used, the power level of the laser used in the process, and cooling procedure used. The shrinkage does not occur in the symmetric manner, it can occur in any part. This issue can reduce the quality of the prototype made by the printer.
Thus, shrinking of parts may be a restraining factor for the growth of the selective laser sintering equipment market, during the forecast period.
selective laser sintering equipment market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on laser covers: CO2 Laser, Nd:YAG Laser, and Fiber Laser
- Segmentation based on material covers: Nylon, Alumide, Carbonmide, Polyether block Amide, and Others
- Segmentation based on end user covers: Automotive, Aerospace and Defence, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa, with individual country-level analysis.
selective laser sintering equipment MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the selective laser sintering equipment market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Laser, Material, End User, and Region
Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South America and North America
KEY Companies Covered
- 3D Systems, Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Farsoon Technologies
- Stratasys Ltd
- EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems
- Sinterit sp. z o.o.
- Sintratec AG
- Sharebot srl
- Other Key Companies
selective laser sintering equipment MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market, by Laser
- CO2 Laser
- Nd:YAG Laser
- Fiber Laser
Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market, by Material
- Polyether block Amide
Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market, by End User
- Aerospace and Defence
Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments influencing the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Whom are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market Providers
- Selective Laser Sintering Equipment Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of selective laser sintering equipment Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE selective laser sintering equipment MARKET STUDY