Rigid Plastic Packaging Market: Summary
The Global Rigid Plastic Packaging Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 334.0 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.6%.
Rigid plastics packaging is a type of packaging technique that involves the usage of plastic material. The material which exhibits no elastic deformation and perfect plastic deformation is known as rigid plastic material. Rigid plastic packaging comprises of cups, closures, cans, pots, and many others. Durability, cost, longevity, absorption of flavors, and lightweight are some of the benefits offered by rigid plastic packaging. Moreover, high impact strength, high stiffness, and high barrier properties are some of the superior properties offered by rigid plastic packaging which has led to an increase in the global demand.
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market: Drivers &restraint
- Growing Demand for Processed and Convenience Food & Beverages
Rise in disposable income owing to growth in the economy especially in emerging countries such as China and India has expected to increase the demand for convenience and processed food & beverages. The increasing working population has attributed a higher demand for processed food in developing nation and higher consumption of convenience food. Furthermore, COVID-19 pandemic is another driving factor for changing the lifestyle of consumers towards consuming convenience foods because most nations are forced to restrict movement and lockdown their borders. Thus, growing demand for processed and convenience food & beverages has expected to drive the growth of rigid plastic packaging during the forecasted period.
- Stringent Government Regulation
Stringent regulation has been imposed by the various federal government to regulate food, drugs, and cosmetic packaging to preserve consumer safety and confidence. For instance, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938 aimed to protect consumers from unsafe deceptively labeled or packaged products. Moreover, various regulatory programs introduced by states and local jurisdictions to reduce the use and disposal of certain packaging material, and mandate minimum recycling requirement. For instance, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA), “Points to Consider for the Use of Recycled Plastics in Food Packaging: Chemistry Considerations”, which states the use of recycled polymers is permissible if it is of a type previously permitted for food-contact, has been kept free of contaminates during the recycling process, and the recycled material has been tested to establish suitable purity for reuse in food packaging. Thus, stringent regulations imposed by the federal government to regulate food, drugs, and cosmetic packaging has expected to hinder the growth of the market during the forecasted period.
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Raw Material: Bioplastics, Polyethylene (PE), Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), Polypropylene (PP), Polystyrene (PS), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), and Others.
- Segmentation based on Type: Bottles & Jars, Trays, Rigid Bulk Products, Tubs, Cups, & Pots, and Others.
- Segmentation based on Production Process: Extrusion, Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Thermoforming, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-use: Food & Beverages, Healthcare, Personal Care, Industrial Packaging, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market: Report Scope
The report on the rigid plastic packaging market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Raw Material, Type, Production Process, End-use, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Amcor plc (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Berry Global Inc.
- RPC Group Plc
- Silgan Holdings Inc
- Altium Packaging
- PLASTIPAK HOLDINGS, INC.
- LINPAC Packaging
- Sonoco Products Company
- Klöckner Pentaplast
- ETIMEX PRIMARY PACKAGING
- Other Key Companies
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market, by Raw Material
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market, by Type
- Bottles & Jars
- Rigid Bulk Products
- Tubs, Cups, & Pots
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market, by Production Process
- Injection Molding
- Blow Molding
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market, by End-use
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
- Industrial Packaging
Rigid Plastic Packaging Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Rigid Plastic Packaging Market Providers
- Rigid Plastic Packaging Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Rigid Plastic Packaging Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE RIGID PLASTIC PACKAGING MARKET STUDY