REFRIGERATED WAREHOUSING MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Refrigerated Warehousing Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 39.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 6.8%.
The refrigerated warehouse is used to store the goods which can only be stored at a certain temperature to keep them fresh. Refrigerating storage helps to eliminate rotting, sprouting, and insect damage. The use of refrigerated warehouses offers benefits to both product and the company such as temperature control, saving on cooling cost and freeing up space owing to which they are gaining popularity. Companies using refrigerated warehouses focus on maximize storage capacity, protect the cold chain at each critical point in the process, and manage the flows of the safety of the goods with maximum control over traceability.
REFRIGERATED WAREHOUSING MARKET: DRIVERS & CHALLENGES
- Increasing Need for Refrigerated Warehousing in Pharmaceuticals Industry
Pharmaceutical products require refrigerated storage to prevent them form damages during transportation as well as storage. Biological drugs are delicate and sensitive to the temperature of pharmaceutical counterparts. Extreme climate change, long transit time between organization and destination, and shipping delays may increase the risk of damaging the product. Additionally, continuous growth in vaccines and insulin products is also fueling growth in the temperature-sensitive product sector. Biological drugs are used for treating diseases such as diabetes, various types of cancer, ankylosing spondylitis, and others. With growing diseases prevalence of such diseases has increased the demand for biological drugs, which in turn fueling the growth of refrigerated warehousing.
Thus, with growing disease prevalence, the need for biological drugs has increased the demand for refrigerated warehousing in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Increasing Demand for E-commerce Grocery
Increasing consumer demand for perishiable foods and increasing e-commerce grocery sales have anticipated surging the demand for refrigerated stores. Consumers are gaining positive experience from online grocery shopping owing to which suppliers are making efforts to reduce concerns regarding spoilage and dismissal of product quality. They are upgrading the models which include refrigerated lockers at terminal stations and deliver the product in shorter delivery time. Additionally, presence of players in online grocery such as Walmart, Big Basket, AmazonFresh, and Others is another factor boost the demand. Thus, increasing e-commerce grocery sales have anticipated boosting the demand for the product market during the forecasted period.
Refrigerated warehousing required a special set up with various equipment and technology used to maintain the temperature. Quick Freezing Racks (QFR), Wireless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Cross-docking, Product picking improvements, insulating panels, and others are some of the technologies and equipment used while constructing refrigerated warehouse. These technologies include high cost and require frequent maintenance. Thus, the higher initial investment for constructing refrigerated warehousing may hinder the growth of the market. However, various governments are taking initiatives by providing subsidiaries for constructing refrigerated warehousing.
REFRIGERATED WAREHOUSING MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- On basis of technology: Vapor Compression System (VCS), Blast Freezing, Evaporative Cooling, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and Others
- On basis of temperature: Frozen, and Chilled
- Based on component: Compressors, Evaporators, Insulated Panels, Condensers, and Others
- Based on application: Milk & Dairy Products, Fruits & Vegetables, Bakery Products, Pharmaceuticals, Beverages, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
REFRIGERATED WAREHOUSING MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the refrigerated warehousing market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Million Cubic Meter)
Technology, Temperature, Component Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Americold (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- LINEAGE LOGISTICS HOLDING, LLC
- United States Cold Storage
- XPO Logistics, Inc.
- NICHIREI CORPORATION
- Tippmann Group
- VersaCold Logistics Services
- Frialsa Frigoríficos, S.A. de C.V.
- Burris Logistics
- HENNINGSEN COLD STORAGE CO.
- Hanson Logistics
- CONESTOGA COLD STORAGE
- Other Key Companies
REFRIGERATED WAREHOUSING MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Refrigerated Warehousing Market, by Technology
- Vapor Compression System (VCS)
- Blast Freezing
- Evaporative Cooling
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
Refrigerated Warehousing Market, by Temperature
Refrigerated Warehousing Market, by Component
- Insulated Panels
Refrigerated Warehousing Market, by Application
- Milk & Dairy Products
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Bakery Products
Refrigerated Warehousing Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Refrigerated Warehousing Market Providers
- Refrigerated Warehousing Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Refrigerated Warehousing Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Refrigerated Warehousing MARKET STUDY