Real Time Locating System (RTLS) Market: Summary
The Global Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market is estimated to reach USD 16.3 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of 21.3%, says forencis research (FSR).
Real time location system (RTLS) system or indoor positioning system (IPS) mainly used for indoor applications such as tracking, monitoring, and locating the activity of peoples and things. In this technology, location data is received from the location transmitter devices attached to walls or ceilings and transmitted via Wi-Fi or other wireless technologies to asset tags for equipment and wearables for people. Then this location data can be accessed through cloud-based application program interfaces, integrated CRM software, and mobile applications. RTLS is mainly used in healthcare, manufacturing, smart warehouses, educations, hospitality, and other industries.
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Increasing Global Smartphone Market
The smartphone is the most dominant portal of information and communication technology. Increasing population in developing countries has led to an increase in the demand for the smartphone. The use of smart phone for emergency management and incident response is totally based on RTLS technology to track the object location and people in real time. This is usually done within a building or other encloused area. The locating data mostly accessed by mobile application and hence it is expected to drive the real time location system (RTLS) market during the forecast period.
Growing healthcare, manufacturing, and defense markets is expected to boost the real time location system (RTLS) market during the forecasted period. In recent years, government and defense sectors are increased rapidly, thus, to fulfill the security demand and locating important assets in the supply chain management in addition to prisoners and personnel will be expected to grow the real time location system (RTLS) market during the forecast period. In Healthcare, the security of electronic health records and the safety of patients, and valuable assets have also resulted in higher demand for real time location system (RTLS) market.
- System Incompatibility Issues
According to MGM Solutions, RTLS tracking fails 40% of the time while in use due to connectivity issues and Wi-Fi or other technology failures while sending the location data. Due to this, the company can suffer from various problems such as loss of data, wasting operational time, and money. Moreover, RTLS system cannot always penetrate through thick walls, leaving the tracking system at a significant loss. Hence, systems incompatibility issues such as connectivity problems, loss of data, and technology failure are expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type covers: ZigBee, RFID, Infrared, WhereNet, Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi), Bluetooth, and Ultra-Wide Band (UWB)
- By application covers: Fleet Tracking, Navigation, Inventory & Asset Tracking, Personal Tracking, and Network Security
- On the basis of end user industry covers: Healthcare, Manufacturing, Logistics & Transport, Education, Oil & Gas, Government & Defense, Sports & Entertainment, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa with individual country-level analysis
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market: Report Scope
The report on the real time location system (RTLS) market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Application, End User Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Zebra Technologies Corp.(Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- HID Global Corporation/ASSA ABLOY AB.
- STANLEY Healthcare
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- Airista Flow, Inc.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- CenTrak, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Midmark Corporation
- Sonitor Technologies
- Other Key Companies
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market, by Type
- Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi)
- Ultra-Wide Band (UWB)
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market, by Application
- Fleet Tracking
- Inventory & Asset Tracking
- Personal Tracking
- Network Security
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market, by End User Industry
- Logistics & Transport
- Oil & Gas
- Government & Defense
- Sports & Entertainment
Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market Providers
- Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Real Time Location System (RTLS) Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM (RTLS) MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Increasing Global Smartphone Market
4.2.2. High Industrial Growth
4.3.1. Systems Incompatibility Issues
4.3.2. Lack of Uniform Standards & Expertise
4.4.1. Technological Advancements
4.5.1. Operational Challenges
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
6.6 Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi)
6.8 Ultra-Wide Band (UWB)
7 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
7.2 Fleet Tracking
7.4 Inventory & Asset Tracking
7.5 Personal Tracking
7.6 Network Security
8 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY END USER INDUSTRY, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
8.4 Logistics & Transport
8.6 Oil & Gas
8.7 Government & Defense
8.8 Sports & Entertainment
9 GLOBAL REAL TIME LOCATION SYSTEM MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
9.1 North America
9.2.6 Rest of Europe
9.3.4 South Korea
9.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 Middle East and Africa
9.4.1 Saudi Arabia
9.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
9.5 South America
9.5.3 Rest of South America
10 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
10.2 Company Benchmarking
11 COMPANY PROFILES
11.1 Zebra Technologies Corp.
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Financial Overview
11.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
11.1.4 Key Developments
11.1.5 SWOT Analysis
11.2 HID Global Corporation/ASSA ABLOY AB.
11.3 STANLEY Healthcare
11.4 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
11.5 Airista Flow, Inc.
11.6 Juniper Networks, Inc.
11.8 CenTrak, Inc.
11.9 Cisco Systems, Inc.
11.10 Midmark Corporation
11.11 Sonitor Technologies
11.12 Other Key Companies
12.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
12.2 Primary Discussion Guide
12.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY