Railway Wiring Harness Market: Summary
The Global Railway Wiring Harness Market is estimated to reach USD 4 Billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 8.9 %.
The wire harness is a set of electrical cables and wires bundled together mainly for signal transmission and providing electric power supply. It is also called as cable assembling or wiring loom. In Railways, wiring harness plays an important role as they can be installed as one unit instead of one wire at a time, this helps to save space and increase the overall safety. These harnesses can be designed as per the geometric and electrical requirements and thus can be used in metro, high-speed train and light rail transit (LRT) for data and power transmission.
Railway Wiring Harness Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Growing Need for Railway Safety Systems
Today’s railways are undergoing through rapid changes to increase the quality of transport. Wire harness is the crucial component of the railway safety system. The main function of a wired system in any transportation is to transfer electricity from a power source safely to a given product. The safety of the railway mainly depends on the number of factors wherein technical condition of rolling stock is one of them. Any fault in the wiring system can result in short circuit, electrical fires, and can harm any users and passengers. Hence, there exist high need for better safety system in order to boost the passenger’s safety, which is expected to drive this market during the forecast period.
- Rise in Rail Infrastructure Projects
Over the past decade, urban and rail infrastructures have rapidly scaled up. The growing demand for railways in emerging and developing regions is projected to drive the market during the forecast period. Rise in rail travelers across the globe is projected to boost the demand for better rail infrastructure. In addition to this, some emerging countries are spending heavily to increase rail infrastructure, which is anticipated to spur the market growth. For instance, Britain’s railways in the 2020’s are planning to invest around $50 billion in the development of new trains, constructing new lines and upgrading existing tracks.
- Labor Intensive Production
The extraordinary fact about the wiring harness is that it is handmade. Manufacturing of the wiring harness is predominantly done by human resources. The product quality of wiring harness varies from individual to individual. Therefore, companies face a constant challenge of delivering products of similar quality on a regular basis.
Hence, labor-intensive production is a restraining factor for the railway wiring harness market.
Railway Wiring Harness Market: Key Segments
- Based on Material: Conductor and
- Based on Component: Wire and Cables, Connectors, Terminals, Wiring Duct, and
- Based on Voltage: Low Voltage (Up to 1000V), Medium Voltage (1000V to 25kV) and High Voltage (25kV to 230kV)
- By Cable Type: Lan Cables, Jumper Cables, Power Cables, Vehicle-Connecting Cables, and Others
- By Application: Driver’s Cab Harness, Harness Connecting to Pantograph, Under-Floor Harness, Door Harness, Power Socket Harness, Harness Connecting to Surveillance Camera, Lighting Harness, Harness Connecting to Cubicle and Others
- Based on Rail Type: High-Speed Train, Metro Rail Transit (MRT) and Light Rail Transit (LRT)
- Key Regions Covered: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific Middle East & Africa, South America with individual country-level analysis.
Railway Wiring Harness Market: Report Scope
The report on the railway wiring harness market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2025 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2025)
Value (USD) Volume (Units)
Material, Component, Voltage, Cable Type, Application, Rail Type, and Region
Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- LEONI AG
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
- Nexans SA
- Prysmian SpA
- TE Connectivity Ltd
- NKT A/S
- General Cable Technologies Corporation.
- Taihan Electric Wire Co Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Railway Wiring Harness Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Material
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PU)
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Component
- Wire and Cables
- Wiring Duct
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Voltage
- Low Voltage (Up to 1000V)
- Medium Voltage (1000V to 25kV)
- High Voltage (25kV to 230kV)
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Cable Type
- Lan Cables
- Jumper Cables
- Power Cables
- Vehicle-Connecting Cables
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Application
- Driver’s Cab Harness
- Harness Connecting to Pantograph
- Under-Floor Harness
- Door Harness
- Power Socket Harness
- Harness Connecting to Surveillance Camera
- Lighting Harness
- Harness Connecting to Cubicle
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Rail Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- High-Speed Train
- Metro Rail Transit (MRT)
- Light Rail Transit (LRT)
Railway Wiring Harness Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the global market and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of the global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Railway Wiring Harness Market Providers
- Railway Wiring Harness Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Railway Wiring Harness Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Growing Need for Railway Safety Systems
4.2.2. Rise in Rail Infrastructure Projects
4.3.1. Labor Intensive Production
4.4.1 Increasing Adoption of Autonomous Trains
4.5.1 Reliability Issue
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY MATERIAL, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
6.3.1 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
6.3.2 Polyurethane (PU)
7 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY COMPONENT, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
7.2 Wire and Cables
7.5 Wiring Duct
8 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY VOLTAGE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
8.2 Low Voltage (Up to 1000V)
8.3 Medium Voltage (1000V to 25kV)
8.4 High Voltage (25kV to 230kV)
9 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY CABLE TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
9.2 Lan Cables
9.3 Jumper Cables
9.4 Power Cables
9.5 Vehicle-Connecting Cables
10 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY APPLICATION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
10.2 Driver’s Cab Harness
10.3 Harness Connecting to Pantograph
10.4 Under-Floor Harness
10.5 Door Harness
10.6 Power Socket Harness
10.7 Harness Connecting to Surveillance Camera
10.8 Lighting Harness
10.9 Harness Connecting to Cubicle
11 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY RAIL TYPE, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
11.2 High-Speed Train
11.3 Metro Rail Transit (MRT)
11.4 Light Rail Transit (LRT)
12 RAILWAY WIRING HARNESS MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million and Units (2018—2025)
12.1 North America
12.2.6 Rest of Europe
12.3.4 South Korea
12.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
12.4 Middle East & Africa
12.4.1 Saudi Arabia
12.4.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
12.5 South America
12.5.3 Rest of South America
13 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
13.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
13.3 Company Benchmarking
14 COMPANY PROFILES
14.1 FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
14.1.1 Company Overview
14.1.2 Financial Overview
14.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
14.1.4 Key Developments
14.1.5 SWOT Analysis
14.2 LEONI AG
14.3 Hitachi, Ltd.
14.4 Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
14.5 Nexans SA
14.6 Prysmian SpA
14.7 TE Connectivity Ltd
14.8 NKT A/S
14.9 General Cable Technologies Corporation.
14.10 Taihan Electric Wire Co Ltd
15.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
15.2 Primary Discussion Guide
15.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY