Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market: Summary
The Global Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 1.91 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.2%.
A process of making semiconductor and electronics devices resistant to damage caused by the radiation is called as radiation hardening. The space radiation environment can create extreme harsh operating conditions for on-board electronics. Radiation accelerates the aging of the electronic parts and materials which might decreases electrical performance. Moreover, electronics operating in space applications are subject to extreme temperatures ranges from -55°C to 125°C for mission lifetimes that can exceed 15 years. To combat such challenges, many global players has developed large product portfolio of high-reliability radiation-hardened products designed to operate successfully in these harsh environments. Key players in the radiation-hardened electronics market are Texas Instruments Incorporated, STMicroelectronics, Microchip technology Inc., and Renesas Electronics Corporation among others.
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market: Driver & Challenges
- Increased Dependence on Satellite Navigation and Other Satellite-Based Applications
Satellites are the man-made objects put into the orbital area. satellite navigation is one of the important application of the satellite communication enable anyone with a handheld receiver to determine her location to within a few meters. GPS locators are increasingly used in in-car services and car-share services. GPS-based navigation systems are used by military and civilians for navigation on land, sea, and air to get information of bad weather or troops lost in unknown territory. Moreover, increase the use of television, smartphones, climate & environmental monitoring also increases the need of satellite will have expected to drive the market during forecast period.
- Manufacturing & Design Challenges
The space environment has very harsh operating conditions for on-board electronics. This harsh operating condition may damage the whole component or may lead to operational performance failure. Hence manufacturers of the rad-hard electronics invested more revenue on new product development, R&D of rad-hard products, and investing in creation of artificial testing environment for product testing. In this process, process time of the manufacturing of the product is high due to time taking procedure of developing number of samples, testing number of samples, and make them highly reliable for operational performance. If product design may not be suitable for the system, then it will have expected to create the manufacturing and design challenges for rad-hard market during assessment period.
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on Manufacturing technique: Radiation Hardened by Design (RHBD) and Radiation Hardened by Process (RHBP)
- Segmentation based on component: Memory, Power Management, Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC), Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), Data Converters, Low-Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS), Microcontroller, Amplifiers, Clock & Timing, Sensors, and Logic ICs
- Segmentation based on application: Nuclear Power Plant, Aerospace & Defense, and Satellites
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market: Report Scope
The report on the radiation-hardened electronics market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Manufacturing Technique, Component, Application and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Texas Instruments Incorporated (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- BAE Systems
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Xilinx Inc.
- Data Device Corporation
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- MSA Components GmbH
- Other Key Companies
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market, by Manufacturing Technique
- Radiation Hardened by Design (RHBD)
- Radiation Hardened by Process (RHBP)
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market, by Component
- Power Management
- Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC)
- Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- Data Converters
- Low-Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS)
- Clock & Timing
- Logic ICs
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market, by Application
- Nuclear Power Plant
- Aerospace & Defense
- Commercial Satellites
- Military Satellites
Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market Providers
- Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Radiation-Hardened Electronics Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE RADIATION-HARDENED ELECTRONICS MARKET STUDY