Quantum Dot Market: Summary
The Global Quantum Dot Market is projected to reach a value of USD 13240.82 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 24.5%.
The quantum dots is refers to a semiconductor particles which are few nanometres in size, having optical as well as electronic properties which is differ from larger particles due to quantum mechanics. Quantum dots can also be used in surveillance,industrial inspection, spectroscopy, as well as for fluorescent biomedical imaging. Global quantum dot market is rising with the rising demand for displays devices. However, the limited availability of rare earth materials are projected to hinder the growth of the market.
Quantum Dot Market: Market Dynamics
- Increasing LED Penetration in Lighting Market
- There has been increasing LED penetration in lighting market is play a significant role for the quantum dot market. With the application of the quantum dots in the manufacturing high efficiency as well as the color saturated display.
- On May 2018, Osram Licht AG has increased the efficiency of its green LEDs by 40%. As the significant drop in light output display by the green LEDs has frequently cause of efficiency issues as well as the huge cost in the customer application which includes fitness trackers.
- Furthermore, the colloidal QD LED with the quantum and the power conversion efficiencies in the infrared range, which has show that it can also be integrated in the inorganic solar cells and can also excepted to lead high efficiencies. Hence, it may lead to bring a large number of applications for the quantum dots which includes environmental monitoring, night vision and surveillance.
- For example, in the agriculture, it is being possible to produce light-converting coatings, which is projected to grow the yield as well as the speed of ripening of fruit plants in the greenhouses.
- Rising Demand for Displays with Higher Efficiency
- Rising Demand in Aerospace and Defense Applications
Quantum Dot Market: Key Segments
The quantum dot market is majorly segments into material, product, application and end-user.
- On the basis of material, the market is bifurcated into cadmium-based and cadmium-free.
- On the basis of product, the market is sub segmented into QD medical devices, QD sensors, QD photovoltaic devices, QD LED lighting devices, QD laser devices, QD chips and QD LED display Devices. The QD medical devices is expected is growth at the highest rate with the growing development. These devices is being used for the medical imaging application that helps in detection of the cancer cells.
- On the basis of application, the market is divided into biological imaging, quantum optics, optoelectronics, renewable energy and security and surveillance. The optoelectronics is projected to witness the highest growth in the forecast period.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is sub segmented into defense, consumer, commercial, healthcare, telecommunications and others. The consumer segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate, as many consumer electronic companies have started the utilizing of quantum dots technology in their products.
Quantum Dot Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Americas accounted for the major market share with the higher adoption of the quantum dot technology, for the production of the many devices which includes display, medical devices, solar cells, lasers, and others. However, Asia-Pacific is projected grow at the fastest growth rate, with growing number the growing number of middle class populations with the high disposable income as well as with the rising demand for the innovative products is excepted to boost the growth of the market in the region.
Quantum Dot Market: Report Scope
The report on the quantum dot market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Material, Product, Application and End-User
America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Nanoco Group plc (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Nanosys Inc.
- Ocean NanoTech
- Osram Licht AG
- QD Laser
- Quantum Materials Corp.
- Quantum Solutions
- UbiQD, Inc
- Other Key Companies
Quantum Dot Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Quantum Dot Market, by Material
Quantum Dot Market, by Product
- QD Medical Devices
- QD Sensors
- QD Photovoltaic Devices
- QD LED Lighting Devices
- QD Laser Devices
- QD Chips
- QD LED Display Devices
Quantum Dot Market, by Application
- Biological Imaging
- Quantum Optics
- Renewable Energy
- Security and Surveillance
Quantum Dot Market, by End-User
Quantum Dot Market, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Quantum Dot Market Providers
- Quantum Dot Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Quantum Dot Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Quantum Dot Market STUDY