PVC Additives Market: Summary
The Global PVC Additives Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 5.2 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.5%.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is a versatile and resource-efficient thermoplastic with the widest range of applications of the plastics family making it useful in several industries. Without additives, PVC would not be a particularly useful substance, but its compatibility with a wide range of additives to soften it, colour it, make it more processable or longer-lasting, results in a broad range of potential applications. PVC products can be rigid or flexible, opaque or transparent, coloured and insulating or conducting.
PVC Additives Market: Drivers & Opportunities
- Replacement of Conventional Material With PVC
PVC is replacing traditional building materials such as wood, metal, concrete and clay in many applications. Versatility, cost-effectiveness and an excellent record of use mean it is the most important polymer for the construction sector. PVC is one of the most popular plastics used in building and construction. It is used in drinking water and wastewater pipes, window frames, flooring and roofing foils, wall coverings, cables and many other applications as it provides a modern alternative to traditional materials such as wood, metal, rubber and glass. These products are often lighter, less expensive and offer many performance advantages. The British Plastics Federation has calculated that every 100kg of plastic (including PVC) can replace between 200-300 kg of traditional materials. Thus, PVC is replacing the conventional material in all the end-use industries due to its superior properties, which is likely to drive the global PVC additives market.
- Increasing Demand from Applications in Construction, Medical, and Automotive Industries
PVC is a versatile, cost-effective, and has an excellent record of use mean it is the most important polymer for the construction, medical, and automotive industries. In the construction industry, it is used in drinking water and wastewater pipes, window frames, flooring and roofing foils, wall coverings, cables and many other applications. In the automotive industry PVC is increasingly an integral part of modern cars. the European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers (ECVM) estimates that around 150kg of plastics are used within an average vehicle. Traditional cars require high performing materials, which help protect occupants, produce cheaper, cleaner and more energy-efficient vehicles and last the life of the car, typically 10-15 years. Plastics, including soft PVC in particular, have played a very significant role in light-weighting and improving performance and efficiency. Thus, the increasing investment in the construction sector, growing medical and automotive sector has expected to drive the global PVC additives market during the forecasted period.
PVC Additives Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Stabilizers, Impact Modifier, Plasticizers, Phthalates, Lubricants, and Others
- Segmentation based on fabrication process: Extrusion, Injection Molding, and Others
- Segmentation based on application: Pipes & Fittings, Profile & Tubing, Rigid Sheet & Panel, Wires & Cables, Bottles, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
PVC Additives Market: Report Scope
The report on the PVC Additives market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Fabrication Process, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Arkema SA. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Kaneka Corporation
- Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Adeka Corporation
- Clariant AG
- PAU Tai Industrial Corporation
- Baerlocher GmbH
- Shandong Ruifeng Chemical Co. Ltd
- Akdeniz Kimya A.S.
- Shandong Rike Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Novista Group
- Indofil Industries Limited
- Sun Ace
- Patcham FZC
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals
- Other Key Companies
PVC Additives Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
PVC Additives Market, by Type
- Impact Modifiers
PVC Additives Market, by Fabrication Process
- Sheet & Film
- Blown Film
- Over Jacketing Extrusion
- Extrusion Coating
- Injection Molding
- 2k Molding
- Structural Foam Molding
- Gas-Assisted Molding
PVC Additives Market, by Application
- Pipes & Fittings
- Profiles & Tubing
- Rigid Sheet & Panel
- Wires & Cables
PVC Additives Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- PVC Additives Market Providers
- PVC Additives Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of PVC Additives Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PVC ADDITIVES MARKET STUDY