Proppant Market: Summary
The Global Proppant Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 12 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.3%.
Proppant is a sand material, which helps to keep hydraulic fracturing open during hydraulic fracturing treatment. It is used to close the fractures in bore well process. When the liquid mix of proppant, chemicals, and water is propelled into a well, the sudden impact opens fractures in the rock. If nothing is used to hold these fractures open, they’ll close, and the number of hydrocarbons that can escape will be far lower. There are different types of proppants used in hydraulic fractures such as frac sand, resin-coated, and ceramic.
Proppant Market: Drivers & Opportunities
- Growing Demand for FRAC Sand Proppant
FRAC sand proppant is widely used proppant for hydraulic fracturing owing to it is made out of highly pure and durable quartz sand with round grains. It is majorly made out of sandstone, having a size range from 0.1 millimetres to 2 millimetres in diameter, depending on the requirement of the fracturing job. It is widely used proppant among the others in the oil and natural gas wells due to its efficiency, low cost, and availability. With the increasing hydraulic fracturing activities, the demand for FRAC sand is projected to increase due to the low-cost and abundant availability is expected to drive the global proppant market.
- Unconventional Oil and Gas Reserves
Since the last few years, the demand for oil and gas is gradually increased from countries such as the US, Canada, China, India, Russia and many other countries. Limited availability of conventional oil and gas along with the high level of carbon emission has led to the growth in the production of unconventional oil and gas such as shale oil & gas, tight oil & gas, and coal bed methane. Countries such as Brazil, Algeria, Mexico, South Africa, Argentina, and Australia are expected to have large proven reserves of unconventional oil and gas which will significantly increase the demand for proppant in the near future. Thus, unconventional oil & gas reserves have expected to create a new market opportunity for key players in the proppant market.
Proppant Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: FRAC Sand Proppant, Resin–Coated Proppant, and Ceramic
- Segmentation based on application: Shale Gas, Tight Gas, Coal-Bed Methane, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Proppant Market: Report Scope
The report on the Proppant market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million) and Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- CARBO Ceramics Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- U.S. Silica
- Fairmount Santrol
- Hi-Crush Inc
- Mineração Curimbaba
- Fores LTD
- Preferred Sands
- Joint Sock Company Borovichi Refractories Plant
- Covia Holdings Corporation.
- Superior Silica Sands
- Badger Mining Corporation
- SmartSand, Inc.
- MS Industries II, LLC
- Nika PetroTech
- Other Key Companies
Proppant Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Proppant Market, by Type
- FRAC Sand Proppant
- Resin-Coated Proppant
- Ceramic Proppant
- Low Density Ceramic Proppant
- Intermediate Density Ceramic Proppant
- High Density Ceramic Proppant
Proppant Market, by Application
- Shale Gas
- Tight Gas
- Coal-Bed Methane
Proppant Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Proppant Market Providers
- Proppant Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Proppant Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PROPPANT MARKET STUDY