Global Intraocular Lens Market: Key Highlights
- The global intraocular lens market is segmented by type, product, form, material, and end-user
- Based on the form, the market is sub-segmented into rigid and foldable. The foldable segment accounted for the 91.54% market share owing to advantages associated with them
- On the basis of region, the market is segmented into Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Americas dominated the global intraocular lens market owing to the presence of major manufacturers, ongoing technological advancement, increasing prevalence of the eye disorder and among others
Global Intraocular Lens Market: Key Market Dynamics
- Intraocular Lens implants are used to treat various eye disorders. The growing prevalence of this eye diseases is driving the demand for intraocular lens
- The rise in the elderly population more susceptible to vision loss due to age-related eye diseases and diabetes is another factor fueling the demand for intraocular lens
- Favorable initiatives and awareness undertaken by the government of various nations to cure eye diseases and prevent blindness is boosting the market growth further
- The higher cost of premium intraocular lens implant with complications related to intraocular lenses hampers the market growth adversely
Request Sample PDF Here: https://www.forencisresearch.com/intraocular-lens-market-sample-pdf/
Global Intraocular Lens Market: Regional Overview
- The region Americas is bifurcated into North America and Latin America. North America is further classified into the US and Canada
- In 2019, the Americas region accounted for the highest market share and dominated the global intraocular lens market
- The growth of the market in the region is mainly attributed to the increasing diabetes prevalence in the region contributing immensely increasing incidence of the diabetic retinopathy
- According to the National Eye Institute, around 14.6 million Americans are projected to suffer from diabetic retinopathy by 2050
- Increasing healthcare expenditure with rapidly rising demand for efficient cataract treatment is further influencing the growth of the market
- Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific region is segmented into five major countries including China, Japan, India, Australia, and South Korea
- Asia Pacific region has emerged as the key contributing region and is projected to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6% in the forecast period
- Owing to highly populated countries, increasing elderly population, coupled with a higher incidence of diabetes in the region has created more demand for eye disease treatment, which pushes the market growth
- Favorable support by the government of India through the introduction of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, a decade ago to reduce out-of-pocket expenditure for treating cataract. In India, cataract is one of the prominent eye diseases accounting for more than 60% of the vision loss in India, as per Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Global Intraocular Lens Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the market Alcon, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, EyeKon, HOYA SURGICAL OPTICS, IOLS, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Ophtec BV, PhysIOL, Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited, and STAAR SURGICAL and among others.
Global Intraocular Lens Market: Key Developments
- On August 2019, Alcon announced the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval and launched the AcrySof®IQ PanOptix®Trifocal Intraocular Lens (IOL) for the US patients undergoing cataract surgery.
- On December 2019, Johnson & Johnson announced the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of the TECNIS Toric II 1-Piece Intraocular Lens (IOL) for the US market. The TECNIS Toric II 1-Piece Intraocular Lens (IOL) provides more surface texture and friction on the IOL haptics
- On September 2019, the PhysIOL, a part of BVI, introduced FineVision Triumf EDOF trifocal presbyopia-correcting intraocular lens for cataract surgery.
About Forencis Research
Forencis Research is a B2B market research, intelligence, and advisory firm engaging in market research and consulting services across leading industries, globally. Our robust and meticulous research team provides high growth and niche syndicated reports, customized reports, and consulting reports to the diverse global fortune clientele and intellectual institutions. Forencis Research database is a constantly evolving pool of market research reports and white paper studies which help companies to foster accelerated revenue growth in global and regional markets.
Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. Our robust research methodology is designed to constantly map the high growth markets in various industries. This facilitates enhanced decision-making capabilities to our clients. We strive to help our clients to foray into uncharted space to attain increased revenue growth for the present as well as the future.
Phone: +1 (720) 306 9020