POLYMER EMULSION MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global Polymer Emulsion Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 49.5 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 5.4%.
Polymer emulsion is a water-soluble polymer such as certain hydroxylate celluloses and polyvinyl alcohols, and can also be used to act as stabilizers and emulsifiers. Polymer emulsion is done by the process of emulsion polymerization. Emulsion polymerization is a type of radical polymerization which starts with an emulsion incorporating water, monomer, and surfactant. Oil in water is the most common type of emulsion polymerization in which droplets of oil (monomer) are emulsified in a continuous phase of water. High molecular weight polymer can be made at a fast polymerization rate, and an excellent conductor of heat are some of the advantages offered by the polymer emulsion.
POLYMER EMULSION MARKET: DRIVERS & CHALLENGES
- Stringent Environmental Regulations for Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) Emission
Increasing environmental concerns has made regulatory bodies such as Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) to impose strict regulations to minimize the adverse effect on the environment. These initiatives are promoting the use of water-based emulsion polymers. For instance, the Environmental protection Agency (EPA) has regulated under the Clean Air Act (CAA) has established National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS), to reduce the growing concern of VOC emission. Additionally, EPA has regulated VOC ate the federal level in 40 CFR 59, which is the National Volatile Organic Compound Emission Standards for Consumer and Commercial Products. Thus, stringent regulations for volatile organic compound emission has expected to boost the polymer emulsion market during the forecasted period.
- Growing Popularity of Elastomeric Coatings
Elastomeric coating is an exterior wall or coating which is much thicker than paints and helps to waterproof the exterior of a structure. Energy efficiency, longer roof life span, protection against elements, easy repair and maintenance are benefits offered by elastomeric coating owing to which it is gaining popularity in building and construction activities. These coatings are formulated with all acrylic or styrene-acrylic water-based emulsion polymers. They help to elastomeric coating with lower temperature flexibility, minimal water absorption, dirt resistance, and tear resistance. Thus growing popularity of elastomeric coatings has anticipated to drive the polymer emulsion market.
- Fluctuating Raw Material Price
Monomers, surfactants, initiators, and others are raw materials used for polymer emulsions. Manufacturer of polymer emulsions are struggling with the fluctuation of raw material cost and rapidly increasing energy costs. This has been attributed to the growing supply and demand gap posing a major challenge for the demand from end-use industries in developing economies. Thus, fluctuation in raw material price is anticipated to hamper the market growth during the forecasted period.
POLYMER EMULSION MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- On basis of type: Acrylic Polymer Emulsion, Vinyl Acetate Polymers, Styrene-Butadiene Latex, and Others
- Based on application: Paints & Coating, Paper & Paperboards, Adhesives & Sealants, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
POLYMER EMULSION MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the Polymer Emulsion market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- DIC CORPORATION
- Wacker Chemie AG
- synthomer plc
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc
- Mallard Creek Polymers
- Visen Industries Limited
- Unisynth Group
- Specialty Polymers, Inc.
- STI Polymer
- Other Key Companies
POLYMER EMULSION MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Polymer Emulsion Market, by Type
- Acrylic Polymer Emulsion
- Vinyl Acetate Polymers
- Styrene-Butadiene Latex
Polymer Emulsion Market, by Application
- Paints & Coating
- Paper & Paperboards
- Adhesives & Sealants
Polymer Emulsion Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Polymer Emulsion Market Providers
- Polymer Emulsion Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Polymer Emulsion Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Polymer Emulsion MARKET STUDY