POLYETHYLENE WAX MARKET: Summary
The Global Polyethylene Wax Market is expected to register a CAGR of around 5%, reaching a value of more than USD 1,100 million by the end of 2027.
Polyethylene wax is an ultra-low molecular weight polyethylene consisting of ethylene monomer chains. PE Wax is available from on-purpose production and as a byproduct of polyethylene production. PE wax can be made by direct polymerization of ethylene under special conditions that control molecular weight.
PE wax exhibits superior properties such as high melting point, low viscosity, lubrication, and excellent thermal stability and chemical resistance.
POLYETHYLENE WAX MARKET: Drivers & RESTRAINTs
- Growing Demand from End-use Industries
Polyethylene wax acts as an activator and dispersing material for polyethylene, ABS resins, polypropylene, etc. It is added to hydrocarbon waxes for increasing their melting points. PE wax is widely used in the textiles industry as stable softeners as they not yellow the white fabrics and does not change the color of printing and dyeing.
It has a low molecular weight and is used in combination with petroleum waxes in the food packaging industry. It is also used in the coating sector owing to its properties such as scratch resistance, rub resistance, water repellency, and improved slip.
Moreover, PE wax is used as a mold release agent in the plastic industry as it increases the productivity level while preventing pollution and enables the molding of complex shapes.
Emulsifiable and non-emulsifiable are two grades available for PE wax. Between these two, the emulsifiable PE wax is widely used as a processing chemical in textile finishing, cosmetics, polishes, paper coating, leather auxiliaries, adhesives, crayons, packing, and various others while the non-emulsifiable PE wax is used as lubricants for plastics and elastomers, carriers for pigment concentrates, and in paints and printing ink industry.
Figure: Trade Data for PE Resins
Source: UN Comtrade
- Fluctuating Raw Material Prices
Raw materials for manufacturing polyethylene wax include polyethylene resin, polyethylene waste plastic, and polypropylene. These are petroleum-based products, the supply-demand gap of which results in volatile raw material prices.
Furthermore, environmental regulations on the production of petroleum-based products such as the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, etc. is a key factor that hampers the market growth.
Therefore, volatility in raw materials cost is a key restraining factor to the market growth.
Polyethylene Wax market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on type: High-density PE, Low-density PE, Oxidized Polyethylene Wax, Acid Modified, and Others.
- Segmentation based on form: Powder, Liquid, Flakes, Granules, Micronized, and Others.
- Segmentation based on grade: Emulsifiable and Non-emulsifiable.
- Segmentation based on production process: High-Pressure Polymerization, Ziegler-Natta Method, Thermal Cracking, Oxidation of Synthetic Wax, Metallocene Process, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Textile, Plastics, Paints & Coatings, Rubber, Food Packaging, Adhesives, Inks, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Polyethylene Wax MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the polyethylene wax market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Form, Grade, Production Process, and Application
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Baker Hughes Company
- DEUREX AG
- Linvest GmbH
- Qingdao Bouni Chemical Co., Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Polyethylene Wax MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Polyethylene Wax Market, by Type
- High-density PE
- Low-density PE
- Oxidized Polyethylene Wax
- Acid Modified
Polyethylene Wax Market, by Form
Polyethylene Wax Market, by Grade
Polyethylene Wax Market, by Production Process
- High-Pressure Polymerization
- Ziegler-Natta Method
- Thermal Cracking
- Oxidation of Synthetic Wax
- Metallocene Process
Polyethylene Wax Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Food Packaging
Polyethylene Wax Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Polyethylene Wax Market Providers
- Polyethylene Wax Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Polyethylene Wax Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE POLYETHYLENE WAX MARKET STUDY