PHEROMONES MARKET: Summary
The Global Pheromones Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 6.3 billion by 2027 with the healthy CAGR of over 13%
Pheromones are ectohormones or the chemical compounds secreted by the insects and other animals that acts as chemical messenger for communicating with the individuals of similar species. These compounds are synthetically produced for agricultural use for selective pest management through minimal effects on beneficial crops. These are mostly sprayed in the air but can be introduced through soil, vegetation and other vectors. For agricultural purpose, pheromones are used for pest management through mass trapping, matting disruption, and pest detection and monitoring.
PHEROMONES MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Harmful Environmental and Health Hazards Associated with Conventional Pesticides
Pesticides are the conventional solution for pest controlling to boost the agricultural practices. However, these pesticides get absorbed by the plant through varied medium causing mutation in the plants. In addition to this, it causes water pollution, soil pollution and also kills the turfs, leading to negative impact on the environment. Beside this, its exposure may lead to chronic health hazards generating higher need for safer alternative. On the counter side, pheromones have emerged as a greener and nontoxic method which promotes selective pest management and is nontoxic, which is driving its demand. Strict regulation and environmental laws imposed on the pesticides are further fueling the market growth.
- Increasing Rate of Pesticide Resistant Pest
Pesticides possess potential to control different species and variety of pest including insects, worms, weeds, etc. Rising use of the pesticides for pest controlling, resulting to higher count of the pesticide resistant organisms, which is creating higher need for more efficient pest management solution. Increasing demand for more efficient pest management which leads to less pesticide resistance insects, has driven global attentional towards the non-toxic pheromones in the agricultural operations. Also, pest resistance also piles up the overall cost associated with the treatment costs or alternative controls methods, which boosts the demand for pheromones.
- High Production Cost of Pheromones
Pheromones is gaining higher popularity owing to non-toxic, environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional pest controlling. However, the growth of this market is hindered owing to higher production cost of pheromones. Currently, pheromones are produced mainly through the chemical synthesis with unusual chemical characteristics escalates the overall product cost. Owing to expensive, the penetration of the pheromones is lower in emerging and developing nations, which impacts the overall market growth.
Pheromones market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on Type: Releaser Pheromones, Primer Pheromones, Signaler Pheromones, Modulator Pheromones, Reproduction Pheromones and Others
- Segmentation based on Pest: Beetles, Moths, Mites and Others
- Segmentation based on Usage: Detection, Monitoring, Mass Trapping, Matting Disruption and Attracticide
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Pheromones MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the pheromones market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Type, Pest, and Usage
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- Koppert Biological Systems (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd
- Russell IPM Ltd
- Isagro SpA
- ATGC Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Trécé Inc.
- Biobest Group NV
- Pacific BioControl Corporation
- Other Key Companies
Pheromones MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Pheromones Market, by Type
- Releaser Pheromones
- Primer Pheromones
- Signaler Pheromones
- Modulator Pheromones
- Reproduction Pheromones
Pheromones Market, by Pest
Pheromones Market, by Usage
- Mass Trapping
- Matting Disruption
Pheromones Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Pheromones Market Providers
- Pheromones Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Pheromones Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PHEROMONES MARKET STUDY