PET PREFORMS MARKET: SUMMARY
The Global PET Preforms Market is expected to register a CAGR of 3%, reaching a value of around USD 28.5 billion by the end of 2027.
PET Preforms are essentially products formulated by injection molding of polyethylene terephthalate (PET). PET preform is stiff, strong, dimensionally stable, and is water and chemical resistant. It is used as a replacement for glass and metal bottles as it is highly transparent and colorless.
PET preforms are used in packaging of bottled water, carbonated soft drinks, edible oil, and others.
PET PREFORMS MARKET: DRIVERS & RESTRAINTS
- Rising Demand for Packaged Drinks and Beverages
The demand for PET preforms is increasing on the account of high consumption of convenient beverages such as ready-to-drink coffee, tea, soft drinks, mineral water, and juices across the globe. This demand is attributed to the rising working population coupled with rising concerns about obesity and other health complications. Shifting consumer preference towards a healthier lifestyle has resulted in high demand for energy drinks and sugar-free and low-sugar soft drink varieties, which is likely to propel the demand for PET preforms.
Manufacturers in this market are focusing on incorporating value-adds like probiotics, functional ingredients, and even animal proteins into their products.
- Growing Demand for PET Preforms in Cosmetics Industry
PET preforms are extensively used in cosmetic packaging due to a number of benefits offered by it. PET packaging uses significantly less energy and natural resources during the manufacturing process compared to glass packaging production. Additionally, it is recyclable, lightweight, non-reactive as well as chemical resistant. Moreover, it exhibits low permeability to humidity and gases which improves the shelf-life of products, thus driving the demand for PET preforms.
All the above-mentioned properties make PET preform as a suitable choice of packaging material for cosmetics products, thereby driving the global market during the assessment period.
- Regulations on Single-Use Plastics
In December 2018, the United Nations (UN) Environment Programme announced the release of a report on national laws and regulation of single-use plastics and microplastics worldwide. In 2015, plastic packaging waste accounted for 47% of the plastic waste generated globally, with half of that appearing to come from Asia. Governments across the globe are working towards the reduction of plastic packaging waste through bans and effective waste management systems.
Thus, regulations on the use of single-use plastics are expected to restrain market growth.
PET PREFORMS MARKET: KEY SEGMENTS
- Segmentation based on type: Standard PCO, Alaska / Three Start, ROPP, CTC/Beri, Standard 30/25, Standard 48/41, and Others.
- Segmentation based on application: Water Bottles, Carbonated Soft Drinks, Oil, Juice/Milk Bottles, Alcoholic Drinks, and Others.
- Segmentation based on end-use industry: Food & Beverage, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Others.
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
PET PREFORMS MARKET: REPORT SCOPE
The report on the PET preforms market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Million Units)
Type, Application, and End-use Industries
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY COMPANIES COVERED
- Retal Industries LTD (Cyprus) (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- PLASTIPAK HOLDINGS, INC. (US)
- RESILUX NV (Belgium)
- Esterform Ltd (UK)
- SGT (France)
- Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (Thailand)
- KÖKSAN Pet Packaging Ind. Co. (Turkey)
- ALPLA (Austria)
- RAWASY (UAE)
- HON CHUAN (Taiwan)
- Other Key Companies
- Magnum Group (India)
- GR PET (India)
- Chemco (India)
- TPAC Packaging India Private Limited (India)
- INTERGULF - EMPOL (UAE)
- Ultrapak Manufacturing Company ltd. (Saudi Arabia)
- UAB „Putokšnis“ (Lithuaia)
- Ahimsa Industries Limited (India)
- CAIBA (Spain)
- Pet Star (Romania)
PET PREFORMS MARKET: REPORT SEGMENTATION
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
PET Preforms Market, by Type
- Standard PCO
- Alaska / Three Start
- Standard 30/25
- Standard 48/41
PET Preforms Market, by Application
- Water Bottles
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Juice/Milk Bottles
- Alcoholic Drinks
PET Preforms Market, by End-use Industries
- Food & Beverage
PET Preforms Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE REPORT
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- PET Preforms Market Providers
- PET Preforms Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of PET Preforms Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PET PREFORMS MARKET STUDY