Paper Straw Market: Summary
The Global Paper Straw Market is projected to reach a value of USD 2675.36 million by 2027 at a CAGR of 23.8%.
The paper straw is refers to a small pipe which help user to more conveniently consume a beverage. The paper straws is being made up from paper material and hence are seen as eco-friendly options to plastic straws. Global paper straw market is growing at a rapid pace rising government initiatives to ban plastic products. However, the high cost associated to paper straw as compared to plastic straws are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Paper Straw Market: Market Dynamics
- Rising Government Initiatives to Ban Plastic Products
- There has been rising government initiatives to ban plastic products is play a significant role for the paper straw market. The sustainability objective to reach environment friendly targets made up by the governments of various countries, is projected to boost the market.
- There has been also a major influence of environmental as well as the governmental regulations to ban plastics in the European countries is also anticipated to fuel the growth of the paper straw market.
- In 2019, when the government of India has also set up a regulation for the purpose to ban on single use plastic products. Such as the selling and marketing of plastic bags, cups, plates, straws, and small bottles.
- As per the, law of the UK government bars as well as the restaurants will not be permitted to display plastic straws, but will be able to provide them if people ask.
- For example, in Seattle, Washington public utilities has also been apply a ban on the use of plastic straws which will lead to boost the sales of biodegradable straws.
- Furthermore, the McDonald’s had replaced single-use plastic straws with paper-based products in every stores across UK as well as in Ireland. The chain uses more than 1 million straws per day in the UK.
- Growing Usage of Paper Straws in Food & Beverage Industry
- High Cost Associated to Paper Straw as Compared to Plastic Straws
Paper Straw Market: Key Segments
The paper straw market is majorly segments into material type, product type, straw length, sales channel and end-user.
- On the basis of material type, the market is bifurcated into virgin kraft paper and recycled paper.
- On the basis of product type, the market is sub segmented into printed and non-printed. The Non-printed paper straws is excepted to largely consumed paper straws. The non-printed paper based straws is being made to avoid digestions of inks or dyes as well as are manufactured with the help of sustainably sourced paper or food-grade paper.
- On the basis of straw length, the market divided into <7 cm, 7 – 10 cm, 10-15 cm and >15 cm. the
- On the basis of sales channel, the market is sub divided into manufacturers, distributors, retailers and e-retail.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is sub segmented into food service, institutional and household. The food services segment is anticipated to grow at the highest share in the term of value in the projected period. The increasing of this segment is lead to attribute to the adoption of the eco-friendly alternatives for the purpose of single-use disposable products to avoid or ban the use of plastic straws.
Paper Straw Market: Key Regions
On the basis of region, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the major market share as the US government’s initiative to ban plastic straws in some states has also increased. However, Asia Pacific is projected grow at the fastest growth rate with the initiatives taken by the government to ban and restrictions on the use of plastic across various countries. Whereas, the region is excepted a new revenue for the paper straws market with the rising product awareness.
Paper Straw Market: Report Scope
The report on the paper straw market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecast up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Product Type, Materials Type, Straw Length, Sales Channel, and End-User
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BIOPAK (Company Overview, Financial Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis, & Key Strategy)
- Canada Brown Eco Products Ltd
- Fuling Global, Inc.
- Hoffmaster Group, Inc.
- Huhtamaki Oyj
- Royal Paper Industries
- Tetra Pak International S.A.
- Transcend Packaging Ltd
- Other Key Companies
Paper Straw Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Paper Straw Market, by Material Type
- Virgin Kraft Paper
- Recycled Paper
Paper Straw Market, by Product Type
Paper Straw Market, by Straw Length
- <7 cm
- 7 - 10 cm
- 10-15 cm
- >15 cm
Paper Straw Market, by Sales Channel
Paper Straw Market, by End-User
- Food Service
Paper Straw Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Paper Straw Market Providers
- Paper Straw Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Paper Straw Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PAPER STRAW MARKET STUDY