Paper Chemicals Market: Summary
The Global Paper Chemicals Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 42 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 1.4%.
Paper chemicals are speciality chemicals used in paper manufacturing from the processing of pulp to the final product paper. These chemicals are used to optimize the production process of paper and help achieve the desired properties of paper such as brightness, strength and size whilst reducing the production cost. The major customers of paper chemicals are the pulp processors, paperboard and tissue producers, printing paper, and other general paper product manufacturers.
Paper Chemicals Market: Drivers & Opportunities
- Growth of The Packaging Paper and Paper-Based Packaging
Paper packaging is widely used as a secondary and tertiary packaging solution to pack a variety of products in different end-use industries. The rise in online shopping platforms, the demand for paper packaging products, such as corrugated boxes, folding cartons, and other flexible paper packaging solutions that offer optimum protection during shipping and handling will also gain a strong foothold in the global paper packaging market. Paper packaging includes flexible and rigid paper packaging formats such as cartons, cups & trays, wrapping paper, inserts & dividers, display packaging, clamshells, and tapes & labels. Paper packaging has significant weight advantages that ensure benefits in terms of raw material inputs and distribution efficiencies. The ban on lightweight plastic bags to improve the prospects of paper packaging is likely to drive the paper chemical market during the forecast period.
- Increasing Preference for Biodegradable Chemical
Various chemicals are used at the time of paper production. These paper processing chemicals are mostly fossil-oil based compounds and they create a negative impact on the environment. In the backdrop of rising environment concerns, paper mill manufactures are looking for biodegradable paper processing chemicals such as polymer-free coatings, and soy chemicals, which are compliant with various government legislatures. This factor is anticipated to create a huge opportunity for the for biocides and other paper processing chemicals manufacturers.
Paper Chemicals Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on form: Speciality and Commodity
- Segmentation based on type: Pulp Chemicals, Functional Chemicals, and Process Chemicals
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Paper Chemicals Market: Report Scope
The report on the Paper Chemicals market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2021-2027 (2021 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Form, Type, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- BASF SE (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Kemira OYJ
- Ashland Inc.
- Harima Chemicals Group, Inc.
- Buckman Laboratories International, Inc.
- IVAX Paper Chemicals Ltd.
- Chemisphere Paper Technologies
- KLK Kolb
- Axchem Group
- Thermax Global
- Other Key Companies
Paper Chemicals Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Paper Chemicals Market, by Form
Paper Chemicals Market, by Type
- Pulp Chemicals
- Functional Chemicals
- Process Chemicals
Paper Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions Answered By The Report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Paper Chemicals Market Providers
- Paper Chemicals Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Paper Chemicals Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PAPER CHEMICALS MARKET STUDY