Organs-on-chips MARKET: Summary
The Global Organs-on-chips Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 47.4 million by 2027 at a CAGR of around 34.6%.
Organ-on-chips are multi-channel 3-D microfluidic cell culture chip that imitates with activities, mechanics and physiological response of the entire organ or organ system. These chips are lined with living human cells and their tiny fluidic channels reproduce blood and airflow just as in the human body. Its flexibility allows the chips to recreate breathing motions or undergo muscle contractions. Organs-on-chip offers various benefits over conventional models such as they provide fluid flow, relevant mechanical cues, an organ level tissue interface, and separate access to parenchymal and vascular components making it more popular. Moreover, they also have some limitations such as very little mixing during laminar flow, and not so portable..
Organs-on-chips MARKET: Drivers & CHALLENGES
- Requirement of Alternative for Animal Testing
Clinical studies take years to get completed and testing a single compound can cost higher. In this process, animal lives are lost and the process often fails to predict human response as animal models often do not accurately mimic human pathophysiology. For these reasons, there is a need for alternative ways to model human diseases in order to accelerate the development of drug and advance personalized medicines. Organ-on-chip offers a potential alternative for animal testing, and are three-dimensional cross-sections of major functional units of whole living organs. As they are translucent they provide a window into the inner workings of human cells in living tissues within an organ-relevant context. Thus, the use of organ-on-chip helps to develop a drug and is one of the alternatives to animals for testing which has expected to drive the product market.
Organs-on-chip has used for testing newly developed drugs and advanced medicines. Organs on the chip are less time consuming and are costly ways to test drugs, foods, cosmetics and dietary supplements for efficiency and toxicity. This helps to improve traditional cell culture and animal-based methods. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2017, 251 million cases of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) globally. Some of the factors such as standard of living, stress, and others. This has given rise to developing new drugs and alternative medicines where organ on a chip is used owing to its benefits. Thus, rising health issues has expected to boost the demand for organ-on-chip during the forecasted period.
- Complexity of Organ-on-chip Models
Though organ on chip offers various benefits for the development of drugs and alternative medicines. Thus, creating an organ on chip system is not a simple process and has the number of obstacles to be overcome. Challenges include reproducing the architectural complexity of the human tissues and organs in-vitro in a miniaturized fashion, and how to link them in the right arrangement that the interconnected systems also recapitulate the human tissue or organ interactions. Thus, the complexity of the organ on the chip model may hinder the growth of the product market.
Organs-on-chips market: Key segments
- On basis of organ type: Liver, Heart, Lungs, and Others
- Based on application: Toxicology Research, Drug Discovery, and Others
- Based on end-users: Academic & Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Cosmetics Industry, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America with individual country-level analysis.
Organs-on-chips MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the organs-on-chips market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Units)
Type, Application, End-Users, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
KEY Companies Covered
- AxoSim (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BiomimX S.r.l.
- Emulate, Inc.
- Hµrel Corporation
- MIMETAS B.V.
- TARA Biosystems, Inc.
- TissUse GmbH
- Other Key Companies
Organs-on-chips MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Organs-on-chips Market, by Organ Type
Organs-on-chips Market, by Application
- Toxicology Research
- Drug Discovery
Organs-on-chips Market, by End-Users
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Cosmetics Industry
Organs-on-chips Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Organs-on-chips Market Providers
- Organs-on-chips Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Organs-on-chips Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Organs-on-chips MARKET STUDY