Organic Pigment Market: Summary
The Global Organic Pigment Market is projected to reach a value of over USD 4.97 billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 4.6%.
Organic pigments are referred to as colored material made of an organic compound with pigment properties. Organic pigments are an insoluble organic compound with high coloring strength. Organic pigments possess superior characteristics includes sunshine resistant, acid-resistant, resistant to flooding, alkali resistant, heat resistant, organic solvent resistant and excellent dispersion property in the various applications. The key benefits of organic pigments are non-toxic and have a better environmental profile as compared to inorganic pigments. The key application of organic pigments are inks, paints, rubber products, plastic products, and coating printing sizes.
Organic Pigment Market: Drivers & Challenges
- Growing Importance of Aesthetics in Packaging
Growing business competitions across the globe have triggered a need for branding and marketing to succeed and improve the make and feel of the product. In order to establish brand value to customers, packaging plays an important role. The importance of aesthetics in packaging has grown owing to the need for product differentiation. Product packaging contains a logo, which gets highlighted by using organic pigments. Colors help to make packaging attractive has help o attack more customers. Thus, the importance of product appeal and aesthetics is increasing and expected to drive the use of organic pigment in packaging applications.
- Stringent Regulations for Use of Printing Ink in Food Contact Materials
The packaging is an essential tool utilized by the food business operators to differentiate the products from others. beyond shelf appeal, packaging also provides protection to the products form physical, chemical, and microbiological hazards. Packaging materials can be a source of chemical contamination and may impact food safety and food quality. Among the different components of packaging material, packaging inks play a vital role as they might hamper product and consumer safety. Each packaging ink is a mixture of different chemicals and some of these chemicals might be harmful while holding the potential to migrate to the foodstuff when getting in contact. In terms of risk, the chemicals could be toxic, carcinogenic, mutagenic, repro-toxic and even endocrine disruptors. The government has imposed stringent regulations to protect consumers from the harmful effects of printing ink used. Thus, growing stringent regulation to use organic pigments had expected to boost the market growth.
- Higher Cost of Organic Pigments as Compared to Inorganic Pigments
Inorganic pigments are cheaper to produce, especially large quantities of production due to it has a relatively simple chemical reaction. While organic pigments require a great deal of chemical processing to produce, especially for synthetic organic pigments, thus it is expensive to manufacture in a large amount. Organic pigments are approximately one and half times costlier than inorganic pigments, which limits its market in paint & coating and other application that are not subjected to strict regulations. Thus, organic pigments are more expensive than inorganic pigments which may be one of the factor restraining the growth of market.
Organic Pigment Market: Key Segments
- On basis of type: Azo Pigments, Phthalocyanine Pigments, High-Performance Pigments, and Others
- Based on application: Printing Inks, Paints & Coatings, Paints & Coatings, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Organic Pigment Market: Report Scope
The report on the organic pigment market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million), Volume (Kiloton)
Type, Application, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South Africa
Key Companies Covered
- Clariant (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- BASF SE
- DIC CORPORATION
- Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited
- Ferro Corporation
- Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg.Co.,Ltd.
- Dominion Colour Corporation
- TOYOCOLOR CO., LTD.
- Sun Chemical
- Other Key Companies
Organic Pigment Market: Report Segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Organic Pigment Market, by Type
- Azo Pigments
- Phthalocyanine Pigments
- High-Performance Pigments (HPPs)
Organic Pigment Market, by Application
- Printing Inks
- Paints & Coatings
Organic Pigment Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Organic Pigment Market Providers
- Organic Pigment Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Organic Pigment Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE Organic Pigment MARKET STUDY