Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market: Summary
The Global Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market is estimated to reach USD 929.1 Million by 2027 at a CAGR of 6.3%, observes forencis research (FSR).
Optical emission spectroscopy (OES) is a type of an analytical technique that is used to set up an elemental composition for a wide range of metals. In other words, OES is the measurement of the light emitted by the ions and atoms when de-excitation is made. OES consists of the electromagnetic spectrum which consists of the visible spectrum and ultraviolet spectrum which ranges from 130nm to 800nm. Optical emission spectroscopy can analyze a wide range of elements that range from Uranium to Lithium metals to provide very high accuracy, low detection limits, and high precision.
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market: Drivers & Restraints
- Growing demand for Advanced Laboratory Equipment
The technology is improving and changing day by day and many laboratories continue to use the same equipment for many years. But if the equipment has become obsolete, there are many advantages to upgrading instead of repairing and continuing to work at a slower speed, less accuracy, and low efficiency. Hence in recent years, the number of industries is focusing on buying or upgrading advanced laboratory equipment for better laboratory integration, faster sample turnaround time and lower maintenance cost. The advanced OES equipment can handle the number of metal samples, with greater accuracy rate, faster speed, and lower production cost and hence it is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Due to the wide range of applications, high accuracy, and many other advancing factors, OES equipment is very costlier as compared with other testing equipment. Hence, small and medium scale industries are not able to invest that much money into buying OES equipment. Hence, they face many maintenance problems, money problems, and production cycle problems which expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market: Key Segments
- Segmentation based on type: Sequential Type and Simultaneous Type
- Segmentation based on detection system: Photomultiplier Tube and Solid-State Detectors
- Segmentation based on technique: ICP-OES, Arc Spark-OES, and GD-OES
- Segmentation based on end user industry: Automotive, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, Energy & Power, Food & Beverages, and Others
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market: Report Scope
The report on the optical emission spectroscopy market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Billion)
Type, Detection System, Technique, End User Industry, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South America
Key Companies Covered
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH
- Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Skyray Instrument Inc.
- SGS MSi
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Other key companies
Optical emission spectroscopy market: report segmentation
For the scope of report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market, by Type
- Sequential Type
- Simultaneous Type
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market, by Detection System
- Photomultiplier Tube
- Solid-State Detectors
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market, by Technique
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
- Arc Spark Optical Emission Spectroscopy (Arc Spark-OES)
- Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectrometry (GD-OES)
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market, by End User Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Power
- Food & Beverages
Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market, by Region
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the major developments impacting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the effects of the developments in the global market on the industry and on the market players in the near and far future?
- What are the evolving types of the global market?
- What are the evolving applications of global market?
- What are the major characteristics that will affect the global market growth during the study period?
- Who are the key global players operating in the market?
- How are the major players leveraging in the existing global market conditions?
- Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market Providers
- Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of Optical Emission Spectroscopy Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY MARKET STUDY
1.1 Research Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Research Scope
1.4 Regional Coverage
1.5 Research Timeline
2 RESEARCH DESIGN & SCOPE
2.2 Primary Research
2.2.1 Key Industry Expert Insight
2.3 Secondary Research
2.3.1 Vital Data from Secondary Sources
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.5 Data Validation & Triangulation
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1. Enforcement of Government Safety regulations and Quality Control Mandate
4.2.2. Technological Enhancements with Customer Requirements
4.2.3. Growing Demand for Advanced Laboratory Equipment
4.3.1. Initial Installation Cost
4.4.1. Increasing Scrap and Recycling Market
4.5.1. Lack of Technical Expertise
5 INDUSTRY TRENDS – PORTERS FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.1.1. Power of Buyers
5.1.2. Power of Suppliers
5.1.3. Intensity of Competition
5.1.4. Challenges of Substitutes
5.1.5. Challenges of New Entrants
5.2 Macro-Economic Indicators
6 GLOBAL OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY MARKET BY TYPE, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
6.2 Sequential Type
6.3 Simultaneous Type
7 GLOBAL OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY MARKET BY DETECTION SYSTEM, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
7.2 Photomultiplier Tube
7.3 Solid-State Detectors
8 GLOBAL OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY MARKET BY TECHNIQUE, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
8.2 Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
8.3 Arc Spark Optical Emission Spectroscopy (Arc Spark-OES)
8.4 Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectrometry (GD-OES)
9 GLOBAL OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY MARKET BY END USER INDUSTRY, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
9.4 Oil & Gas
9.5 Aerospace & Defense
9.7 Energy & Power
9.8 Food & Beverages
10 GLOBAL OPTICAL EMISSION SPECTROSCOPY MARKET BY REGION, Market Size in USD Million (2019—2027)
10.1 North America
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 South Korea
10.3.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 Middle East and Africa
10.4.1 Saudi Arabia
10.4.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
10.5 South America
10.5.3 Rest of South America
11 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
11.2 Market Ranking/Share Analysis of Key Companies
11.3 Company Benchmarking
12 COMPANY PROFILES
12.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
12.1.1 Company Overview
12.1.2 Financial Overview
12.1.3 Products/Solutions/Services Offered
12.1.4 Key Developments
12.1.5 SWOT Analysis
12.3 SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH
12.5 Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
12.6 Shimadzu Corporation
12.7 Agilent Technologies, Inc.
12.8 Skyray Instrument Inc.
12.9 SGS MSi
12.10 PerkinElmer Inc.
12.11 Other Key Companies
13.1 Key Industry Expert Insights
13.2 Primary Discussion Guide
13.3 Customization Options
Note1: Tentative table of contents, may get updated during the course of research.
Note2: Company financial information is subject to availability in public domain
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE STUDY