ONCOLOGY DRUGS MARKET: Summary
The Global Oncology Drugs Market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3%, reaching a value of around USD 223 billion by the end of 2027.
Oncology is the branch of science deals with cancer and related treatment. Cancer or malignancy is referred to as the group of the diseases characterized by uncontrolled or abnormal growth of the cells. Oncology drugs or cancer drugs are dedicated to controlling, inhibiting or to kill the uncontrollable carcinogenic cells. These drugs can be prescribed alone or with any combination treatment or therapy. It includes chemotherapy, targeted therapy, pain killer, hormone therapy and immunotherapy.
ONCOLOGY DRUGS MARKET: Drivers & Challanges
- Rapidly Growing Cancer Incidence
The growing prevalence of cancer in global population creates an impact on the healthcare industry and society across the world. Cancer has gained the second position in the fatal diseases following cardiovascular diseases and contributing immensely to the global death rate with a remarkable rise in the incidence of new cases globally. In 2018, the World Health Organization stated that around 18.1 million fresh cases of cancer were reported. Whereas, American Cancer Society revealed that cancer is accountable for one in the six death globally. The incidence of fatal diseases can be attributed to various factors including growth in global population and increasing count of the elderly population. Cancer Research UK stated over three-quarters of the total cancer population is over 60 years. Smoking, life-style related factors, exposure to radioactive chemicals, and genetic factor further favors the incidence of the new cancer cases. . With the growing cancer cases worldwide, the oncology drugs market is growing at a robust rate
- Side Effects Associated with Cancer Drugs
Different type of cancer drugs leads to different types of side effects including anemia, anorexia, infections, diarrhea, oral problems, weight loss, nausea and many more resulting in discomfort and extreme pain. Some of the treatment and drugs leave a long term impact including early menopause in females, extreme fatigue and impacting cognitive functioning. Due to serious side effects associated with the cancer drugs is expected to witness a roadblock for the oncology drug market.
ONCOLOGY DRUGS market: Key segments
- Segmentation based on form: Oral, Topical and IV
- Segmentation based on type: Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy and Pain Killers
- Segmentation based on cancer type: Prostate Cancer, Brain Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Breast Cancer, Skin Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Blood Cancer and Other Types of Cancer
- Segmentation based on region covers: North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and South America, with individual country-level analysis.
ONCOLOGY DRUGS MARKET: Report SCOPE
The report on the Oncology Drugs market covers a deep dive analysis of historic, recent and current market trends. Furthermore, market share/ranking analysis of key players, market dynamics, competition landscape, country-wise analysis for each region covered and the entire supply chain dynamics are covered through the below segmentation.
Historical/Estimated/Forecasted Market Size Years
Base Year for Market Calculation
2020-2027 (2020 estimated year, forecasted up to 2027)
Value (USD Million)
Form, Type and Cancer Type, and Region
North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, South America
KEY Companies Covered
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Company Description, Company Overview, Product Synopsis, Key Developments, SWOT Analysis)
- Abbott Laboratories
- Novartis AG
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Merck KGaA
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- AbbVie Inc.
- Other Key Players
ONCOLOGY DRUGS MARKET: report segmentation
For the scope of the report, In-depth segmentation is offered by Forencis Research
Oncology Drugs Market, by Form
Oncology Drugs Market, by Type
- Targeted Therapy
- Growth Blockers
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Small Molecule Inhibitor
- Hormone Therapy
- Pain Killers
Oncology Drugs Market, by Cancer Type
- Prostate Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Other Types of Cancer
Oncology Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Key Questions answered by the report
- What are the prominent developments affecting the market worldwide and its growth?
- What will be the impact of the developments in the market on the industry and on the market players in the future?
- What are the evolving variations of the market globally?
- What are the evolving functions of the market globally?
- What are the prominent aspects that will affect market growth globally during the study period?
- Who are the key players operating in the market across the globe?
- How are the key players leveraging in the present market scenario worldwide?
- Oncology Drugs Market Providers
- Oncology Drugs Market Solution and Services Suppliers, Distributors and Dealers
- End-Users of Varied Segments of ONCOLOGY DRUGS Market
- Government Bodies and Intellectual Institutions
- Associations and Industrial Organizations
- Research & Consulting Service Providers
- Research & Development Organizations
- Investment Banks & Private Equity Firms
60+ MARKET TABLES AND 30+ FIGURES WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ONCOLOGY DRUGS MARKET STUDY